Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do first round of modifications with local shop and Tuner. I was thinking about adding a killer chiller to the system for IAT temps. It’s a weekend cruiser when I get time as go to track 3-4 times a year. It’s not sure the $1500-2000 is worth the upgrade. Sounds like impressive improvements when it’s running but wouldn’t be running until flipping the switch on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would think that you should expect improved engine performance and efficiency pretty much any day that you run the system ( assuming ambient temps are at least 60 degrees or so). The lowered IAT temps might even positively effect fuel mileage to some degree as an offset to the initial cost.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Killer Chiller is all around the "SVT Lightning" forums and the reviews are mixed. I would look to do whatever Dodge did to the Demon and use those parts on yours if you're looking to go this route as it's just like the Killer Chiller but with some Dodge engineering behind it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We run the FI Interchillers from down under. They're extremely efficient, our IATs/IC Coolant temps drop down tremendously. Cruising around in 100* weather I'm seeing 60* coolant temps with 100* IATs, with cabin AC on freezing my butt off. We see 40-45* IC coolant temps with cabin AC off in the same conditions. It will require some thought on your end, insulation for the lines, and a few other bits to really complete it but it works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We run the FI Interchillers from down under. They're extremely efficient, our IATs/IC Coolant temps drop down tremendously. Cruising around in 100* weather I'm seeing 60* coolant temps with 100* IATs, with cabin AC on freezing my butt off. We see 40-45* IC coolant temps with cabin AC off in the same conditions. It will require some thought on your end, insulation for the lines, and a few other bits to really complete it but it works great.
Yeah I’m discussing with my local install shop now about using the Interchiller setup vs killer chiller. Seems like a better unit and can run AC all the time and get performance benefits.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wondering how the install went. Someone in Australia stated it takes 6-10 hours to install...I'd rather do Heat exchanger or I/C upgrade if this is that crazy of an install.

·
Super Moderator
1,583 Posts
I emailed the manufacturer of the interchiller and it’s allegedly pretty easy, just pierce the A/C line like adding a water supply line for a fridge and then get additional refrigerant in the system and you’re done. Like 60 minute install or so. Idk, I’m really liking the concept. Give it a google and see for yourself

·
Registered
48 Posts
I emailed the manufacturer of the interchiller and it’s allegedly pretty easy, just pierce the A/C line like adding a water supply line for a fridge and then get additional refrigerant in the system and you’re done. Like 60 minute install or so. Idk, I’m really liking the concept. Give it a google and see for yourself

I don’t believe that pierce tap on an A/C system is well advised. A well engineered kit would have custom lines / fittings to run the additional circuit. You will also need to put vacuum on the system prior to charging it to remove the air and moisture from the add on components.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is absolutely no way it is a 60 minute install.

I have it installed. It took the shop 8+ hours. At a minimum it's a 5 hour job.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I will be getting one of these soon and I expect it to take all day to install properly. The kit looks good and it should have everything necessary for the installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
After doing several installs, we've found that about 8 hours is about right for it, being meticulous. We don't just install the kit and related parts needed, we also spend some time wrapping and insulating the cooling lines to help with temperatures. You'll need an evac and charge service on top of this as well with additional 1234yf as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After doing several installs, we've found that about 8 hours is about right for it, being meticulous. We don't just install the kit and related parts needed, we also spend some time wrapping and insulating the cooling lines to help with temperatures. You'll need an evac and charge service on top of this as well with additional 1234yf as well.
Is the recharge service something you can just walk into an autozone and get done or a local dealership?

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is way too complicated IMHO and I would rather go with a meth kit to reduce the temps. Easy on and off switch and no effect on OEM A/C unit.

·
Super Moderator
1,583 Posts
Idk about end users but demon put one on for a client I believe. Concept is simple enough and they’ve got a few YouTube’s. Looks intriguing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Idk about end users but demon put one on for a client I believe. Concept is simple enough and they’ve got a few YouTube’s. Looks intriguing.
Looking for someone who has installed the drag pack. Mine is in a shop here in the UK at the mo for the install.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts