Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Trackhawk with 6k miles and I’m losing races to 330 horsepower Audi’s...is there any known issues with power loss? I have a video of the on board engine power and it doesn’t even come close to 500...if there is a 40% drivetrain loss I want my money back 😂. On a 20-100 roll I hit a max of 470tq and 425 hp, which really doesn’t seem right. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you done any on-board, data recorded 0-60mph pulls? There's no way you should be losing to 330hp Audis. My wife has a 350+ Audi, and my TH will kill that thing. It's not slow, either, but the Audi isn't hanging with my TH that does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is not the first time someone has seen underwhelming power performance from their Trackhawk. There are other cases on this forum where owners have needed to get their key fobs reprogrammed to access the power on tap. If you look in the drive mode display on the screen it should show you a schematic of the vehicle's internals...check the color of the engine...it's red when the full power is available and yellow when the system has the power limited. I'm confident you'll be able to get this sorted out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you done any on-board, data recorded 0-60mph pulls? There's no way you should be losing to 330hp Audis. My wife has a 350+ Audi, and my TH will kill that thing. It's not slow, either, but the Audi isn't hanging with my TH that does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
I've had drove, owned and rode in multiple 500+ horsepower cars and trucks and this TH is byfar the slowest of them all which is sad, I can do one today and post the results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is not the first time someone has seen underwhelming power performance from their Trackhawk. There are other cases on this forum where owners have needed to get their key fobs reprogrammed to access the power on tap. If you look in the drive mode display on the screen it should show you a schematic of the vehicle's internals...check the color of the engine...it's red when the full power is available and yellow when the system has the power limited. I'm confident you'll be able to get this sorted out.
I've done test like this in all modes except for winter and get simliar results. I've custom tuned it and such, I figured something was wrong when the best time I could pull on the track was a 12.8 and that was with a good launch and a .113 second reaction time..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've done test like this in all modes except for winter and get simliar results. I've custom tuned it and such, I figured something was wrong when the best time I could pull on the track was a 12.8 and that was with a good launch and a .113 second reaction time..
As stated before you need to press your Drive Modes button and look at the engine color - Red = fast, Yellow = slow. You mentioned a custom tune...did they dyno your jeep during this tune? If you had a good tuner they should have been aware of any issues if your jeep wasn't hitting 600HP+. Look through the forum, this has been talked about numerous times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As stated before you need to press your Drive Modes button and look at the engine color - Red = fast, Yellow = slow. You mentioned a custom tune...did they dyno your jeep during this tune? If you had a good tuner they should have been aware of any issues if your jeep wasn't hitting 600HP+. Look through the forum, this has been talked about numerous times.
I mean I set the custom option up on my jeep, the button to the right of the dial, and still does the same thing. My apologies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The "engine" part of the schematic is in yellow. This is a problem. They should appear red. You need to have the dealership replace/reprogram your key fobs. You are in valet mode. This is a known issue.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pictures of each drive mode.
You have key fob issue - your engine color should be red, not yellow. Have your dealer reprogram you key fobs. You can look back in the previous "missing horsepower" threads to see what others have said to their dealers to remedy this issue. You'll be amazed at the difference once fixed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had drove, owned and rode in multiple 500+ horsepower cars and trucks and this TH is byfar the slowest of them all which is sad, I can do one today and post the results.
Then you definitely have a problem. I have two 750+hp sports cars in my garage right now, and have competitively drag raced for close to 30 years. My TH runs the numbers it claims...and would dust any 300-400hp sedan on the road in an acceleration contest.

There are some who have reported programming and key fob issues...and you may be in that camp. And now that I see your pic of your engine in yellow... yeah, you're down 200+hp easily. The dealer should be able to rectify this for you, and you will be a happy camper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kudos to O'Neal Dodge in Bremen Georgia! Unfortunately I was one of the few with key fob issue. I took my Hawk in a few days ago on the 25th and told them what the problem was and they confirmed with FCA in a matter of minutes and Chad O'Neal the parts manager had my new fobs overnighted and it took them about 15 minutes to program the new fobs. To say I'm happy with the new found power would be an understatement!

From the sales department to the parts and service department, the folks at O'Neal are top notch, I've bought several new vehicles from them over the years and would highly recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad to hear a good dealer story for a change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts