Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if this is a problem with my car, Trackhawks in general, or just a general problem with 4wd cars when they’re at freeway speeds. But when I’m going at least 65 and try to do a quick lane change, there is a lot of resistance in the steering wheel. Same thing happens when there’s some elevation in the road.

I’ve never experienced this in another car and have driven several AWD cars but never a 4WD SUV that has 4wd engaged while at freeway speeds. It’s really annoying though and makes me think there’s no way I could actually track the Trackhawk if it can’t even do quick lane changes at 70mph. Btw I’ve been driving in Auto mode.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Interesting occurrence. I can't get my lane sense to do anything but flash a warning on the dash.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I used the feature for the first 1000 miles or so and found it to be a PIA so I just turned it off. In my experience, it only worked well when the roads were properly striped and even then it would let the vehicle "drift" to far (IMO) to the left or right before pulling it back. Plus it will disable in 20 to 30 seconds if you take your hands off the wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.