Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Description says they will. However my only
Concerns would be it saying they are 12” in length. I don’t think the stock tops are even close to the that witch would make the tips stick out. Another thing to keep in mind is that the stock tip flares upwards to fill the Valance cutout. Meaning ounce you put the new tips on you may have a gap from the top of the exhaust tip to the valance.
Hope this helps

Wonder if these would fit the stock flange?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the reply, wonder if anyone has tried these. I see the same things, but, says they will fit a Durango, which can’t be that far off?
I installed the 5" Carven tips on my 2018 SRT Durango. Plug & play, just bolted right up.

Since the Trackhawk rear diffuser has more of an elongated exhaust tip opening, I do not think the 5" single exhaust tip would look right. JMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you trying to put single 5” tips on a hawk or srt? I don’t think 12” in length will work at all. Stock might be 6” max so another 6” sticking out wouldn’t look right in my opinion. My old awe exhaust on my srt was able to be adjusted to make the new tips for on the valance opening. Stock exhaust isn’t able to be moved or twisted upward. They made the stock tips flare up to fill the valance gap. I believe you could make something work but not 12” long. My tip setup on the hawk are 9” in length and I had to slide them in pretty far to not have them stick out looking stupid. Hope this is helping.

They look great! The CD 1003's are dual 5 inch tips. Wondering if anyone tried them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
They look great! The CD 1003's are dual 5 inch tips. Wondering if anyone tried them.

The Carven CD 1003's are SINGLE 5 inch exhaust tips. Those are the ones I installed on my Durango:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cutting 1 1/4 off the end of the exhaust pipe where factory clamp and tips get attached will allow you to use any tips you like. May be cheaper and less headache then getting custom tips made to fit.

You’re right, my bad, I misread the specs. They wouldn’t look right. Custom made oversized dual tips may be the only way to go.

You’re right, my bad, I misread the specs. They wouldn’t look right. Custom made oversized dual tips may be the only way to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those tips are for welding onto another exhaust not made for use with a clamp. Also they will not fit over stock barrel flange that these exhaust come with. Reason being why you have to cut the barrel off the end. Another thing is 9” in length won’t work unless you cut the barrel flange off and slide these all the way in until just before hitting the muffler.

these 3" in dual quad would probably slip right on with no cutting of mufflers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Those tips are for welding onto another exhaust not made for use with a clamp. Also they will not fit over stock barrel flange that these exhaust come with. Reason being why you have to cut the barrel off the end. Another thing is 9” in length won’t work unless you cut the barrel flange off and slide these all the way in until just before hitting the muffler.
These would be a good place to start if you want 4" black tips.
the 2.75 stock exhaust has a 3" flange which these will slip over.
You may have to add some cuts to the tip pipes but other wise I could make them work if black was my choice.
I shortened my tailpipes 1.25" and cut my tips down to 7" from 9" but you gain 1" with being able to slip over the oem flange.
I sectioned out 1" from the Y part of the tip.
So for not shortening the tailpipes you want to get the tip length down to 6" or close.
Cutting and welding tips is not hard if you have the equipment and you don't see the welding seams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh that’s weird because I did this on both Trackhawk and srt models and 3” inlet tip will not go over stock barrel flange. Reason why you cut 1 1/4 off to remove the round flange from factory and then able to install any 3” Inlet tip. Only way to install new 3” inlet tip to stock round flange is to cut a the flange off. The round flange is bigger then 3” when pressed to that style from factory. No matter what you do you can not slip anything over that factory flange. Direct bolt on tips or remove the round pressed flange from factory. This is why awe Carry’s both styles one for using stock tips and one for using your own.

These would be a good place to start if you want 4" black tips.
the 2.75 stock exhaust has a 3" flange which these will slip over.
You may have to add some cuts to the tip pipes but other wise I could make them work if black was my choice.
I shortened my tailpipes 1.25" and cut my tips down to 7" from 9" but you gain 1" with being able to slip over the oem flange.
I sectioned out 1" from the Y part of the tip.
So for not shortening the tailpipes you want to get the tip length down to 6" or close.
Cutting and welding tips is not hard if you have the equipment and you don't see the welding seams.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh that’s weird because I did this on both Trackhawk and srt models and 3” inlet tip will not go over stock barrel flange. Reason why you cut 1 1/4 off to remove the round flange from factory and then able to install any 3” Inlet tip. Only way to install new 3” inlet tip to stock round flange is to cut a the flange off. The round flange is bigger then 3” when pressed to that style from factory. No matter what you do you can not slip anything over that factory flange. Direct bolt on tips or remove the round pressed flange from factory. This is why awe Carry’s both styles one for using stock tips and one for using your own.
That's not the only way.
You have to think ouside the box.
I have 50k hrs of handicraft experience

If you put some cuts you can expand the pipe over the flange

This is my 2.75"

At most the flange is 3 1/8 to 3 1/4 "

Cuts are easy to do then use the oem round clamp

21 - 39 of 39 Posts