Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read about the chip shortages.... anyone know if there is a solid cutoff date to place an order?
Not ready yet.. and delaying as long as can.. But don't want to miss the opportunity.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I'm thinking that the delay in chips may extend the TH to 2022 because I imagine that there may be stockpiles of other available materials ready to go. Depends on how many they can get out before the end of the year.
Of course, I disclaim any liability to if the TH ends this year.
Good luck

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
No chips. There’s a big shortage and every factory in Texas was effected by the power outage. It takes 30-45 days working 24/7 to make a chip and there can’t be any problems along the way or they’re ruined and you have to start over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum. I ordered 4-13 and dealer told me yesterday 4-22 that my trackhawk was in paint already. That seemed very odd so he gave me the VIN# and I called Stellantis and all she would tell me is that it was being made? Seems strange considering all the delays I have heard about. When I placed the order I figured if it came by September I would be happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New to the forum. I ordered 4-13 and dealer told me yesterday 4-22 that my trackhawk was in paint already. That seemed very odd so he gave me the VIN# and I called Stellantis and all she would tell me is that it was being made? Seems strange considering all the delays I have heard about. When I placed the order I figured if it came by September I would be happy.
Try this SRT hotline with your VIN. They have access to all Jeep models in all stages of assembly. They were very helpful to me in the past. 1-248-553-4566

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the tip smiley47. I did call the number listed and it went directly to a voice mail i left my number to get a call back, if not i will try again monday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's why I called Stellantis I couldn't believe I already had the vin. Didn't make sense to me. We will see if SRT hotline returns my call?

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
12 Posts
I placed my order on 4/22 and had my VIN the next day. No firm arrival date, but having the VIN is a good sign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my TH on 11-13-2020. Took 30 days for vin. Picked it up on 4-6-21. That's about a 5 mo wait. Good luck guys.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Ordered my TH on 11-13-2020. Took 30 days for vin. Picked it up on 4-6-21. That's about a 5 mo wait. Good luck guys.
Very close to my order date, mine has not made it to production. What were your add ons, if I may ask? I had the 2XV package and dual pane sunroof, compact spare.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
12 Posts
Very close to my order date, mine has not made it to production. What were your add ons, if I may ask? I had the 2XV package and dual pane sunroof, compact spare.
I'm curious to know as well. The only option I did not select was the Rear Entertainment package.

I figured I would be waiting a bit when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
12 Posts
Sig leather, high performance audio, tow package and red belts.
My order exactly. Well it’s good to know it may be a 5 month wait.

It’s worth the wait.

I’m like a kid in the candy shop. I’ve never been so excited for a vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered 4/7. White exterior. No options! Order was accepted, but as of last text with SA 10 days ago no VIN. Does this mean dealer doesn't have allocation?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I ordered 4/7. White exterior. No options! Order was accepted, but as of last text with SA 10 days ago no VIN. Does this mean dealer doesn't have allocation?
No, it means that you have to wait. Weird system, some get theirs sooner some later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts