Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on another site and a post popped up asking if the TH had a launch counter. That seemed strange to me why it would? does anyone know anything about that?

The reason for this thread was I not only thought that was weird but I dont even use the LC. I have raced a few cars from a dig and a few from a roll and there was no need for the LC. it only took a few launches to know how fast to push the pedal down and get lil to no spin. I foot brake and maybe have the RPMs at 1200 or so I will look next time but it isnt much past regular idle.
what do you guys have your RPMs set at if you use the LC?

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a previous thread discussion regarding with / without launch control Launch

I personally have no need for launch control, but that’s me and some old school opinions.
It does beg the question if FCA has a launch counter.
thank you for the link. I glanced over it real fast (I will go back and read it all) no one seemed to talk about what RPMs they used. just 0-60s
I dont use TC either my foot is my LC. just like my finger is my safety lol.

·
Banned
362 Posts
The first few months after I bought my TH, I experimented with LC and power braking and different modes, etc. After all if that my best times have consistently been in auto mode and just punch and go. The only "trick" I found that helps with my "times" is to turn off traction control and just punch and go. Yes I get a little wheel spin but not much. One time it seemed to hook up perfectly with almost no wheel spin, and I got a 3.0. (it felt like it too) Usually I get a little wheel spin but I'm consistently getting a 3.1 or 3.2. (more 3.2's than 3.1's)

If I forget to turn off traction control, it seems to cost me another .2 to .3 seconds.

So for me, I quit playing with the launch control button, rpm settings, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The first few months after I bought my TH, I experimented with LC and power braking and different modes, etc. After all if that my best times have consistently been in auto mode and just punch and go. The only "trick" I found that helps with my "times" is to turn off traction control and just punch and go. Yes I get a little wheel spin but not much. One time it seemed to hook up perfectly with almost no wheel spin, and I got a 3.0. (it felt like it too) Usually I get a little wheel spin but I'm consistently getting a 3.1 or 3.2. (more 3.2's than 3.1's)

If I forget to turn off traction control, it seems to cost me another .2 to .3 seconds.

So for me, I quit playing with the launch control button, rpm settings, etc.
I'd advise against launching in auto. That's a 50/50 power split and the front TC is a known weak spot. Track mode is 70/30 and more favourable for longevity.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.
It seems like We as in this page all agree on NOT using LC. I never have used it to date not even experimenting, didnt see a need for it.
Def leave traction control off spinning isnt winning but these hook up so good the tire spin is very slight. the traction control takes a lot longer to slow and start back up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
It seems like We as in this page all agree on NOT using LC. I never have used it to date not even experimenting, didnt see a need for it.
Def leave traction control off spinning isnt winning but these hook up so good the tire spin is very slight. the traction control takes a lot longer to slow and start back up.
I tried it once, don’t think it worked well, though that was probably user error. I haven’t tried it again since. When I want to go quick I opt for WOT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I enjoy the planning and thrill of a good launch. New school? I completely agree that Auto mode is the most reliable for getting a 3.1 0-60, but I don’t want to kill the TC. Track does the same 0-60, but there is more propensity for wheel spin. I like launch RPM 900-1200 depending on road conditions. It’s been so darn cold, I’m looking forward to a few good launches to ring in the spring. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have experimented with LC a bit. I find 1800 rpm is as high as you can go on the street without much wheel spin and also so the brakes can hold on! Wheel spin increases the 0 to 100 kph time heaps. I’ve tried 2200 rpm in track mode and the rear wheels spin or the brakes can’t hold. I can regularly get 0 to 100 Kph in 3.5 seconds (I’m in Australia) which is quicker than the FCA claim of 3.7. I’m sure it will be quicker when the temperature drops in winter. 😀👍

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had asked the question in a different thread....about launch control logic.

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum...on/6046-launch-control-drive-modes-logic.html

I think I read where the Launch Control on the Trackhawk is more like the Demon than the Hellcat but the Demon has a higher stall converter and transbrake…...this is why I think the Trackhawk may have a software "bug" which allows the launch control rpm to be adjusted way higher than the brakes can even hold...????

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had asked the question in a different thread....about launch control logic.

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum...on/6046-launch-control-drive-modes-logic.html

I think I read where the Launch Control on the Trackhawk is more like the Demon than the Hellcat but the Demon has a higher stall converter and transbrake…...this is why I think the Trackhawk may have a software "bug" which allows the launch control rpm to be adjusted way higher than the brakes can even hold...????

That's because we have fake lunch control. It's a gimmick. Real launch control is when you have a DCT style transmission with a clutch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts