Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2018 Trackhawk, 4000 miles odometer, live in Saudi Arabia at 2000' of altitude and temperature of 104 F.
my best 0-60 is 4.0 sec and the average is 4.4 - 4.5 sec.
On track mode the engine shows all RED.
When I lowered the Launch control to 1200 RPM, the brakes hold but when I release my foot, the tires spin BIG TIME, that could explain the 4.4 sec.
On youtube, trackhawks there launch silently, no spins.
How can I hit lower than 4.0 sec?

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Stop using launch control and you will get better times. Probably lack of traction causing the issue.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What tires are you on?
I have an 2018 Trackhawk, 4000 miles odometer, live in Saudi Arabia at 2000' of altitude and temperature of 104 F.
When I lowered the Launch control to 1200 RPM, the brakes hold but when I release my foot, the tires spin BIG TIME, that could explain the 4.4 sec.
I would say your elevation and high temps play a role so you may not get the 3.1-3.5 we see here in the states.

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
spinning is causing slow times for sure. 104 is hot but not crazy hot. your just spining tires to much,
skip the stupid launch learn how to press the gas just hard enough to take off hard but not spin. it takes a few tries but really not that long. Never just smash the gas unless you are on a prepped track that might work there but on street no way learn to drive it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
spinning is causing slow times for sure. 104 is hot but not crazy hot. your just spining tires to much,
skip the stupid launch learn how to press the gas just hard enough to take off hard but not spin. it takes a few tries but really not that long. Never just smash the gas unless you are on a prepped track that might work there but on street no way learn to drive it.
Let some air out of your tires. Try 20 psi.

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
Let some air out of your tires. Try 20 psi.
good idea for the track but not at home. he will still want to turn corners. letting PSI out is the last thing he will need but yet still a good idea for the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts