Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I come home and open garage to a oil stream from under the Jeep. Pop the hood nothing on top, underneath is soaked with oil, thinking maybe oil pan bolt loose? Idk what the deal is.anyone else come across that?

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Had the oil changed recently? Reach under there and see if the filter is loose/covered in oil. Same with the drain plug.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just took it to Jeep, wasn’t the filter or plug... coming from somewhere else. They have it and will look/fix it Monday. I’ll keep you posted to what it was.

·
Registered
82 Posts
At least you've caught this prior to any longer trips/hard runs. Does look to be tough to determine where exactly its leaking from in those pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They did a dye test and come to find out it was leaking from the oil filter. Good thing it wasn’t anything worse. Should be all good now..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They found a pin hole on the filter... idk how the he!! that happened. The day I took it in, the put I’m on the lift and I looked up under it. Wasn’t any oil that I could see around the filter. The guys they have do the “express” oil changes aren’t like the mechanics in the back.. just hope it’s fixed. We will Know tomorrow.Got an oil change, let’s hope for the best...

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Strongly suggest you check your dipstick. Chances are good they overfilled it and didn’t drain the oil cooler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts