Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you explain more on what you did? I want to do this but noticed that whole piece is plastic. Did you have a body shop fill in the Jeep indentation or is there an aftermarket option for a clean piece that you had painted to match? Any more information would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
This thread is 8 months old and the OP only posted one time on the forum. I would assume he never came back or he was just a troll posting a photo shop picture..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Understood. Well maybe someone else will chime in and I will let you all know what I come up with. Thanks !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all! First post here actually. I wanted to wait until my ride arrived, but I thought I might be able to help here.

MachZ - Maybe this will help out... I was thinking of doing the same thing to my SRT a while back. I should have my TH this week as it is in route now, but I have started revisiting this idea in the last few weeks.

I have a link saved in my favorites, but as I cannot post URLs yet, do a Google search for "debadged rear jeep badge" and it should be one of the first links at Jeep Garage Org. About 14 pages worth of info.

I did find the part for sale. It is cheap enough to buy and take to a body shop for testing, but I can't post that URL either. Search "5PS79GW7AA" for that.

Hope that helps some...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I decided to go ahead and remove the Jeep badge on the back. The recessed portion is going to be filled in and that panel will be repainted to match the factory color. Already removed the one on the front and everything on the sides. Trackhawk badge is also going away.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to remove the "Jeep" off the back of the vehicle whereas the rest of the badges come off with dental floss and a hair dryer.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to remove the "Jeep" off the back of the vehicle whereas the rest of the badges come off with dental floss and a hair dryer.
eh, I have put in a lot more work / money for smaller mods in the past....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sarona sells a replacement panel without the recess...

http://www.sarona.com/Jeep/Grand Cherokee/All/Tail Gate Panel/

No personal experience, just have it saved to my future mod list as I too eventually want to go down this path.
Does anyone here had any experience with Sarona? The body shop is having trouble getting this debadged area filled in and repainted to be perfect so I wondered if anyone has bought parts from these guys.

Thanks !

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have bought from them and I had a good experience. They do not stock items all are made after you order them -- you can pay for a rush fee.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
coming from you I believe that. LOL you do some very cool lil mods though. Ive copied a few
:grin2: Hah! Yep, I can be a bit OCD about even the smallest thing but I can honestly say there is not another one out there like mine, even if only I can tell!

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
ha well maybe mine if i keep coping you. but you do have a very good attention to detail. I notice that small attention more then most. what is next for you?

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
ha well maybe mine if i keep coping you. but you do have a very good attention to detail. I notice that small attention more then most. what is next for you?
Probably done with aesthetics for a while though I'm still waffling a bit on grabbing some vinyl tint for the side markers so that's still a possibility.

I do have the stuff purchased to swap out the interior rear LED overhead lights with brighter / white versions. Just haven't had time to break out the soldering iron to make that happen yet.

Next will most likely be the JL Audio Stealth Box / Sub. While the stock HK system is good, the bass response is a bit muddled with the EQ setting I prefer. I should be able to get the Stealth Box along with a good amp, which will increase the bass from the sub, allowing me to drop the bass EQ setting and clean it up through the rest of the speakers.

Also looking at the shock tower bar from X-pilot as a near future upgrade as well.

I am slowing down a bit now though as I have pretty much decided I will be jumping on the WL model early after its release.

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Probably done with aesthetics for a while though I'm still waffling a bit on grabbing some vinyl tint for the side markers so that's still a possibility.

I do have the stuff purchased to swap out the interior rear LED overhead lights with brighter / white versions. Just haven't had time to break out the soldering iron to make that happen yet.

Next will most likely be the JL Audio Stealth Box / Sub. While the stock HK system is good, the bass response is a bit muddled with the EQ setting I prefer. I should be able to get the Stealth Box along with a good amp, which will increase the bass from the sub, allowing me to drop the bass EQ setting and clean it up through the rest of the speakers.

Also looking at the shock tower bar from X-pilot as a near future upgrade as well.

I am slowing down a bit now though as I have pretty much decided I will be jumping on the WL model early after its release.
WL model? I missed that whats this? a Redeye TH version? I think I am going to look at the GLE63 next or Escalade and mod the **** out of it. the TH is just to small for me. but so **** fun to drive, lol

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Well **** MFers I will prob be very close to wanting a new ride by 21 so just in time. UNLESS the Raptor steps their game up and puts a man sized motor back in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts