Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

341 - 360 of 388 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
I’m on stock wheels running the continentals in stock size. I think most of the axles I’ve heard about are on 22”s and at the track. Axles will be on the to do list though. I already planned on keeping it forever, I don’t make the kinda cash that it takes to do this over n over. I’ll just keep throwing a few grand a year upgrading here n there.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I’m on stock wheels running the continentals in stock size. I think most of the axles I’ve heard about are on 22”s and at the track. Axles will be on the to do list though. I already planned on keeping it forever, I don’t make the kinda cash that it takes to do this over n over. I’ll just keep throwing a few grand a year upgrading here n there.
I thought it was guys on 18s and DRs? either way it was almost always at the track with prep.
I hear yea on the cash. I dont either,lol I already want back in Raptor but dont want to sell mine cuz of the ass whooping I will take lol just like a wife cheaper to keep her.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
My understanding is that the majority of people are on 22”s and getting wheel hop and that’s what’s snapping them but I’m sure if you put enough power down and dead hook they can pop. Fingers crossed I’m ok for a bit.
Got the call today that we are just waiting on some valve springs and then a day to assemble the heads and a day or so to slap on the heads and put Lil Hemi’s new heart into place. Hopefully I can pick it up late next week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
hopefully its done. I hate waiting for things in shops. Seems like thats all I do is take cars to shops and wait get out take to another shop. lol

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Now they say they are seeing metal flecks in the SC coolant. 😫 just make it stop already. Ugh, we are getting very close to finishing but the price keeps going up as they find new problems. I know it’s better that they find the problems and correct them now but d*mn it’s getting pricey. 🤞🏻 We are still rolling next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh yeah, and does ARP make a crank bolt to replace that stock one? Good time to bling out the pulleys too, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
REALLY hoping for that start video tomorrow. Been down for 6 months due to my indecisiveness not because of this shop but we are behind delivery by about a month. Oh well, stuff happens, I just want it right. Looking forward to seeing what this puts down, starting off with a 93 tune n I’ll bring it back after a few miles for the ethanol tune. 🤞🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ugh, that's the worst! Knowing that you won't be able to drive it for a few months is bad enough, but an extra day when you're SO DAMN CLOSE is akin to murder. Fingers crossed for you, man!

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
That’s why they call me lucky 🍀 lol. It’s been one thing after another but it’s almost done 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Just got a call, apparently they. Can’t find the New PCM and they are on backorder. Apparently I have angered the car gods

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, wait... did they already have a new PCM, but they misplaced it, so they were going to order another? Also... why can't they use your existing PCM? I don't think the rods put holes through that. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Once Livernois unlocked the original PCM, it cannot be unlocked for HP tuners so a new one is needed. They’ve had the truck for 3 months already so there’s no reason they wouldn’t have it ready to go unless they misplaced it or straight up forgot to order it.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Damn bro you have the same luck as me with my 62 Impala nothing ever goes right.
hopefully they find it If it really is lost?

341 - 360 of 388 Posts