Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

361 - 380 of 388 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
They can’t find the invoice for it either so it looks like they forgot to order it. They said the build would take 3 weeks, we are on month 3. Plus it’s basically been down since December. Starting to get frustrated. I like supporting small businesses but this seems to always happens to me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I rely on many automotive related businesses all over to accomplish my work. It isn't just happening to you, I have this kinda delay almost all the time when it isn't just a routine service problem. I hope they get you up and running soon. We all want it as bad as you, well almost as bad as you...LOL.

Reactions: DancesWithCats

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish it was just automotive-related businesses... This seems to be the norm across the board these days. Even redoing our house, out of the ~half dozen or so contractors we've hired, not a single one was better than 'pretty decent' - and we definitely weren't giving the job to the lowest bid. Hell, most of them came highly acclaimed from people we know. Just goes to show how little most people expect these days.

We, by way of expecting what we are told (even granting a reasonable margin of error), are the ones who are abnormal, sadly.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
It’s all good. You know how it is, the longer you wait, the more you want it. Really hoping to be driving this time next week though.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Hope you get the baby back soon! My luck has not been much better.
2 quick “lessons learned” notes- you should not replace the PCM, Livernois will unlock for about $150.00. You will also likely need a smaller supercharger pulley. With the increased displacement of a 7.0 the boost will fall to about 14lbs with the 2.85” pulley. I waited 6 weeks for Livernois to machine a 2.5” pulley.
Good luck brother, daylight is around the corner.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
I’m gonna sell the pcm and Livernois pulley as a pair. I’m running a 2.75 upper with 9% lower. New pcm is on its way to HP Tuners for unlock.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Hope you get the baby back soon! My luck has not been much better.
2 quick “lessons learned” notes- you should not replace the PCM, Livernois will unlock for about $150.00. You will also likely need a smaller supercharger pulley. With the increased displacement of a 7.0 the boost will fall to about 14lbs with the 2.85” pulley. I waited 6 weeks for Livernois to machine a 2.5” pulley.
Good luck brother, daylight is around the corner.
2.5 pulley? damn what boost numbers? how much more power was that worth over the 2.75 or 2.85 you had before?

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
You need the smaller pulley now that we have gone from 6.2 to 7.0L in order to maintain previous boost levels. So, not so much to increase boost but I’ll know for sure before too long.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Just got a text from the tuner and HP Tuners found a different PCM and shipped it yesterday. It showed up today and we should fire up today 🤞🏻
going to do a 93 tune for now, put some miles on the motor and then come back in a few weeks for the ethanol tune. Wish me luck y’all, I could definitely use some good luck on this truck about now.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
going to do a 93 tune for now, put some miles on the motor and then come back in a few weeks for the ethanol tune.

I went through a similar process. Started with a very conservative 93 octane tune, put about 600 miles on the new motor and tuned for E85. Made a bit over 900 whp with 14 lbs of boost. At the tuner currently for a final dyno/tune with the 2.50 pulley. Should have final numbers by Friday. Maybe we can compare note.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Wanting to put the interchiller solenoid switch here in the blank spot.
That will look good. That stupid switch will kill your battery in 5-6 days if you let car sit. Its happened to me 2 times already. its hot so I forget to turn it off as it will turn off my AC and go pure IC.
I would install a non lighted switch if mine wasnt already done.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I put mine next to the gas tank door opener. Yes I have opened the g as tank door on accident a few times lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Interchiller is in, new fuel lines, pumps, rails and regulator all in. Waiting on that startup video before I head to Houston to get it. It’s not looking like it’s going to happen today and I feel like a junkie that needs a fix!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds badazz. Eager to know more after you get to drive it.

361 - 380 of 388 Posts