Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

421 - 440 of 485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Black track, that’s not all I have to change. I noticed my radiator cap billet cover says 6.2L. I actually named the jeep after this scene in Romancing the stone. Where he calls his crazy truck his little mule, seemed appropriate.

Rocket,
It dyno’d at 820hp agnd 780 torque on E85 using a mustang dyno. Will need headers and a bigger blower to crack 1k at the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
E85 numbers are 820AWHP and 780 foot-pounds

we built this with the intention of eventually doing something with the blower but am cash limited at the moment, so will have to wait a bit for big numbers. This setup should have me in the real low 10’s 🤞🏻

We have similar power at the tires. I actually went to the track two days ago. Ran 10.5 at 129mph. Definitely traction issues. I ran faster on lower boost. I might have to go full slicks to go faster. I will have to find out what size works the best for a TH

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
I’m picking up some 315’s. From what I hear, it’s about as wide as you can go without issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am running 305's now. I have seen at least 1 other TH with slicks on the back. I wonder what size wheel and tire will clear the brakes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drag racing wheels has listings for the trackhawk. 17" is the smallest .

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Still struggling for grip. Barely got below 3 seconds on the 0-60 and over 6.5 seconds on the 1/8 mile according to Dragy even with the new tires. I only got one run in before sundown and had just put them on so they weren’t hot yet. Maybe I’ll get better numbers tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Definitely more gap around the tires but I’m not lowered either. They are a bit smaller than stock sized but they came with the wheels and I got a good price. I doubt they will last very long and I’ll likely replace with something different, depending how they hook up. Didn’t do great yesterday but they were stone cold when I did the pull. Will try again after driving around all day.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Definitely more gap around the tires but I’m not lowered either. They are a bit smaller than stock sized but they came with the wheels and I got a good price. I doubt they will last very long and I’ll likely replace with something different, depending how they hook up. Didn’t do great yesterday but they were stone cold when I did the pull. Will try again after driving around all day.
def have to warm these tires up. the are useless with out warming up. you have so much power and TQ your gonna slip any tire lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Yeah, I’m thinking they just need more heat in them before they’ll hook up properly. The sun was on its way down and I saw deer crossing the road on 2 occasions driving to my WOT spot so I only had courage to try once. Those things are EVERYWHERE where I live.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Definitely more grip but I haven’t had a good launch yet. 2.97 0-60 on the Dragy is the best I’ve been able to do so far but I can feel plenty of wheel spin still. I did get to experience driving home in a rainstorm today though which was sketchy to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
I’ve got an interchiller so the guys wrapped the IC fluid lines in an insulated tape. Some people say it’s not needed but seems like you want to insulate the cold lines from the rest of the bay.

421 - 440 of 485 Posts