Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lil Hemi: Your beast has wicked acceleration!

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
I think the tensioner has given up. Anyone know of an upgrade or just get another OEM?

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Metco makes the idler pulley for both belts but it is only the pulley portion, I didn’t see anything regarding the tensioner portion. I ordered a new belt and tensioner. Should be driving again tomorrow

·
Registered
554 Posts
Barth makes an adjustable tensioner.

Check the alignment of the pulleys as well. Even being a hair off can make a belt jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
Mike, I hear you on the alignment but if it were the root cause, I’d think it would have been noticeable before now based on the situation. The SC belt tensioner has much less resistance than the other tensioner so I’m gonna try that first. Pretty sure it happened when I remote started it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yep, was thinking since your engine has been removed, something could have moved a bit since the install, which happens.

If the tension isn’t there that’ll certainly make it jump also on cranking and definitely when you get off after a wot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lil Hemi, ran across this one:

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
I think the tensioner just reached end of life. It’s done plenty of WOT, hard launches and cold starts since the new engine went in without issue till now. Picked up a green belt yesterday and the tensioner will be here today or tomorrow. Jeep drove just fine with it’s half shredded belt on but there was no WOT to the grocery store and back. Fingers crossed that it’s just a simple tensioner issue. It feels like that’s the problem anyways. 🤞🏻

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
Xpilot. Thanks but I believe that the tensioner is the actual problem. I did see that Metco offers the tensioner pulley (pulley only) for both belts.

441 - 456 of 456 Posts