Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

461 - 480 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, that's quite the difference in overall tire diameter between the two setups, definitely going to feel different driving down the road. Your summer setup sure looks grippy though, just don't get caught in any rain.☔😓

The Proflex ECA looks like a great upgrade. Assuming it's Bluetooth? 🤔

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
The summer tires came on the wheels that I picked up off FB so once they’re worn, I’ll swap them with something closer to proper diameter. It didn’t occur to me that I was putting on “more miles” than I was actually traveling due to the diameter until I had them on for a month. Rain isn’t the problem, but holy Jesus standing water will pucker up that back door up quickly.

The ethanol content sensor does Bluetooth as well as I think it could be wired into the Jeep to provide feedback for a flex fuel setup but I’m just using it as a passive sensor.

I’m about to switch over to 93 for a road trip and already put the all seasons back on. Also gotta change the oil. We’ll be ready for the road today or tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
First tank of 93. Switching over so I can road trip soon, just want to be sure it goes smoothly before heading out. Will probably run a tank or two through it and need to change the oil beforehand. I’m liking this sensor thing. Easy way to check your content.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
My ECA has a stand alone passive sensor like yours, however I do think it could be possible to utilize the sensor as feedback to the stock ECM with the right tuner.

There looks to be an OEM sensor in the fuel line but it appears to not read as high of ethanol content and very likely designed to only sense E0 - E15. So there must already be an OEM table in the factory operating system that adjusts the stock tune based on ethanol content. 🤔 I cannot confirm this as I am more versed in EFI Live and LS engine tuning but a complete amateur on this HEMI platform.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes it looks like your sensor picked right up on the 93 fuel you added which is perfect. My sensor displays an ethanol content change within just a minute or two after refuelling, however I know the engine computer needs much longer to adjust the flex tune before romping on the throttle.

Currious how long does your tuner recommend you "drive easy" on the 93 octane before the flex tune is fully adjusted for it? Also wondering how long it took for your dashboard AFR reading to change for the 93.

And forgive me (can't remember) but what upper/lower pulley combo are you now running since you switched out tuners?

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
My understanding is that from the factory, the ethanol content is derived via O2 sensor feedback and the is what Livernois uses for their flex tune. Other tuners, like Dusterhoff (I think that’s right) use a sensor like this to determine the flex fuel. I am not running flex on this setup, I have separate tunes for different fuels. It’s not as convenient as flex but I run corn locally and switch to 93 if I am going on a road trip.
as for the pulley setup it’s a IW 9% lower and griptec 2.75 upper but on a built 426 so I’m only seeing 13 PSI of boost. I don’t even know what this thing would be like with a bigger blower. 🤯

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh wow that motor must be a torque monster at 426 c.i. Can only imagine what it would be like with more boost, likely go from a HellHawk to Godzilla. o_O

Wouldn't want to spin the stock blower much faster though so you are likely heading towards a larger Demon blower one day if you find the itch to see what would happen with more boost.(#💸💰💸) 😀

When you had the s1025 flex fuel tune did you ever run straight 93 octane or a mix of 93/E85?

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Yeah, it’s nearly 800 ft pounds at the wheel on corn.
I have the same concern about spinning the blower faster, although I know a guy running a 2.65 upper with a similar setup to mine. He’s making more power and torque than me but we shall see how long his blower holds up. I need axles, suspension and brakes before I add any more power.

I don’t recall any issues running any combination of fuels when running the S1025 package. You just don’t want to change fuels and go hammering it. Give it 1/4 tank to figure out the new mix if you want to err on the side of caution.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
Still using the factory throttle body. Still having some surging though. It’s pretty manageable at this point but we’ll keep working on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea, saw your Trackhawk at the shopping center in NW OKC. Figured you where eating at HD Onion Burger, but you were just leaving when I came back from walking. Nice looking Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
My pops lives maybe a mile from there. Just came up to fix some stuff around the house for him and give him a haircut since he’s super high risk. I’ve been getting a lot of looks driving it around town. Figured maybe it was the Texas plates. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, that's quite a smorgasbord of fuel to choose from. I can't believe you can buy so many different octane levels of ethanol free gasoline, nor understand why they would carry so many options either. 🤔
We get one choice of ethanol free called "recreational gas" that is typically only 90 octane and $1 or more per gallon over "premium" E10 93 octane. 🙄

So how noticable is the power difference/loss going from E85 to 93 octane now that you have switched?

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
I haven’t done any pulls, it might be better off the line with less torque. I did pass on a two lane road and definitely felt a difference.
This was one particular station, they are not normally like that and I think they only had two like this at a very new and pretty big station. They do seem to have a bit easier access to ethanol free gasoline but finding 93 isn’t easy, probably harder than E85.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A lot of the OnCue stations have a variety of fuels like 7-11.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
I keep seeing the commercials and billboards about OnCue. Seems like a sweet setup to me, I’m a bit jelly.

461 - 480 of 485 Posts