Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
You people make me sick!!! Don’t you know I’m a recovering CF addict??? Lol

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
Lil Hemi drove like a boss in the snow and ice but I’m glad it’s gone. Lost a water heater and the pool has a leak now. With any luck I’ll have hot water by Thursday but after 48 hours without electricity/heat, I’m not complaining.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
I think I can see bugs on the front.....:)…..but it does look cool.
The pic was taken on week 3 of a road trip, being outside the entire time. It was so filthy yesterday when I finally washed it.
The guy that installed the Ravelco decided to mount the receptacle through one of the leather panels after I told him explicitly not to do that. He also scratched up my billet fuse box cover. He’s refusing to pay for the damages so I guess it’s small claims court time.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
The pic was taken on week 3 of a road trip, being outside the entire time. It was so filthy yesterday when I finally washed it.
The guy that installed the Ravelco decided to mount the receptacle through one of the leather panels after I told him explicitly not to do that. He also scratched up my billet fuse box cover. He’s refusing to pay for the damages so I guess it’s small claims court time.
Holy sh!t, brother. That sucks.

I stayed to watch the Revelco installer who did my wife's car. Fortunately, no damage was done.

Not many people know what "craftsmanship" means anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
Holy sh!t, brother. That sucks.

I stayed to watch the Revelco installer who did my wife's car. Fortunately, no damage was done.

Not many people know what "craftsmanship" means anymore.
The guy acts like I’m a jerk trying to scam him out of money or something. So frustrating

·
Registered
642 Posts
The guy acts like I’m a jerk trying to scam him out of money or something. So frustrating
I'd burn him on Yelp, at the very least. (I know, that doesn't get you any $$ back.)

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
Ok gang, update on Lil Hemi. Jeep has been at the tuners for a hot minute to resolve the fuel pump issues I’m having when making long left turns with less than half a tank of fuel. The Jeep will cut out hard sometimes and we know it was fuel pump related. They found a piece of the secondary fuel pump assembly had broken off and was floating around in there as well as a cracked transfer hose on the passenger side. Then we sent the whole unit back to Fore to so they could give it a full examination to make sure we don’t have any further issues. Fore found a clogged Venturi and shipped it back the next day. I should be able to pick it up this Friday. I can’t wait to start stopping at the gas station every other day again.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Ok gang, update on Lil Hemi. Jeep has been at the tuners for a hot minute to resolve the fuel pump issues I’m having when making long left turns with less than half a tank of fuel. The Jeep will cut out hard sometimes and we know it was fuel pump related. They found a piece of the secondary fuel pump assembly had broken off and was floating around in there as well as a cracked transfer hose on the passenger side. Then we sent the whole unit back to Fore to so they could give it a full examination to make sure we don’t have any further issues. Fore found a clogged Venturi and shipped it back the next day. I should be able to pick it up this Friday. I can’t wait to start stopping at the gas station every other day again.
Sounds like it was soaking up a lot of fuel. What caused the assembly to break off? Prior mod?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Argh, you have definitely been dealing with some nagging issues since the installation of the FORE system. I hope it will all be resolved soon for you. Thanks for continuing to update your build post as it will help others in the future with similar fueling issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
Argh, you have definitely been dealing with some nagging issues since the installation of the FORE system. I hope it will all be resolved soon for you. Thanks for continuing to update your build post as it will help others in the future with similar fueling issues.
Yeah, story of my life. Lol.

At the end of the day, what’s important is that the team at Fore and the team at Peitz Performance have been amazing, especially Alex Peitz. That guy is awesome when it comes to taking care of his clients!! I can’t wait to see what this thing can really do. Blowing an engine made me a bit shy of my right foot for a while and then COVID hit, so everything pretty much shut down anyways. Now that things are getting going again, it’s a good time to get everything finalized.

it’s the summer of Hemi!!

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
damn you been waiting so long to get this beast dialed in i hope its finial all done and 100%
Thanks man. Yeah, it’s been a bumpy ride to say the least but I never once felt like I was gonna get screwed on the deal. Alex has always been there putting in the work to get it figured out. The fact that he’s a 2.5 hour drive away really caused this to drag out. It’s so much more of a hassle to drop off the Jeep when there’s distance involved which was a big reason I went with someone “local”. Plus, the secret about Alex is starting to get out and there just aren’t enough hours in the day for him to get to everyone wanting to work with him. I’ve been super impressed at his attitude, never quitting on me. Hoping to do some adventures this summer, hitting up a 1/4 mile a track is definitely on my list.

·
Registered
152 Posts
LO
Yeah, story of my life. Lol.

At the end of the day, what’s important is that the team at Fore and the team at Peitz Performance have been amazing, especially Alex Peitz. That guy is awesome when it comes to taking care of his clients!! I can’t wait to see what this thing can really do. Blowing an engine made me a bit shy of my right foot for a while and then COVID hit, so everything pretty much shut down anyways. Now that things are getting going again, it’s a good time to get everything finalized.

it’s the summer of Hemi!!

LOL 😆 Love the Summer of George reference!

You are in good hands with Alex from everything I have heard about him. 👍

Lot of people just say "what's it run?", what really matters is not what they think but how comfortable you are with the build, having confidence with it and that it stays together of course so you actually drive it.

I would be hesitant after an engine failure also and being slow with gaining confidence in the current build is the smart approach. You are definitely covering your bases getting all things sorted out to where you are feeling at ease.

After pulling my supercharger again for some porting, polishing, adding FI thermal spacers, insulating, dual BAP and reworking my ethanol sensor content fuel path I am slowly gaining confidence with opening the throttle on the current build and tune. It has helped to data log fuel pressure and injector pulse width against boost psi to comfort myself that there is plenty of fuel capacity reserve on ethanol before pushing it very hard.

I appreciate your sharing of the Lil Hemi build as it has helped me personally think through my build choices and provide motivation taking extra safety measures for long engine life.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress when Alex is all done. 👍

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
LO

LOL 😆 Love the Summer of George reference!

You are in good hands with Alex from everything I have heard about him. 👍

Lot of people just say "what's it run?", what really matters is not what they think but how comfortable you are with the build, having confidence with it and that it stays together of course so you actually drive it.

I would be hesitant after an engine failure also and being slow with gaining confidence in the current build is the smart approach. You are definitely covering your bases getting all things sorted out to where you are feeling at ease.

After pulling my supercharger again for some porting, polishing, adding FI thermal spacers, insulating, dual BAP and reworking my ethanol sensor content fuel path I am slowly gaining confidence with opening the throttle on the current build and tune. It has helped to data log fuel pressure and injector pulse width against boost psi to comfort myself that there is plenty of fuel capacity reserve on ethanol before pushing it very hard.

I appreciate your sharing of the Lil Hemi build as it has helped me personally think through my build choices and provide motivation taking extra safety measures for long engine life.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress when Alex is all done. 👍
We are on a conservative tune for sure so I’m definitely not making maximum power but Alex seems to tune on the conservative side, which is what I asked for. I IM’d him last night and he was in Abu Dhabi, so god only knows what he’s tuning on over there.

501 - 520 of 527 Posts