Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
521 - 540 of 555 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·

I’m so glad I had my Jeep built before Alex started doing these videos, it’s going to be impossible to get him now. My Jeep has less crank hp than this guys wheel hp 🥲

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Was cruising to work today and noticed a funky looking truck coming up behind me. Turns out it was a TRX and he sped past me as I got bogged down in traffic but we happened to be going to same way for quite a while. I caught up and it just so happened that my lane cleared like the Red Sea and I had to give him a good look at me pulling away lol. They look pretty sweet though.

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
Was cruising to work today and noticed a funky looking truck coming up behind me. Turns out it was a TRX and he sped past me as I got bogged down in traffic but we happened to be going to same way for quite a while. I caught up and it just so happened that my lane cleared like the Red Sea and I had to give him a good look at me pulling away lol. They look pretty sweet though.
he tried to race you? lol you must of smoked him. I have not seen on in person just pictures and I dont like that much on the outside. Inside looks good though and I love the motor of coarse

·
Banned
178 Posts
If you flew in the air like that Subaru it would have crushed it. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
he tried to race you? lol you must of smoked him. I have not seen on in person just pictures and I dont like that much on the outside. Inside looks good though and I love the motor of coarse
I wouldn’t say he tried to race me but I think he spotted me and wanted to be in front of me but I established dominance lol.

I thought it looked pretty good from the outside, nothing super special, similar to the Jeep, just a few clues to those who know what to look for. It makes a pretty decent sleeper.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
Switched over to AMSOIL filters and they feel like they’re quality. Already using their oil, figured might as well use their filters too. They have a nice nonslip coating if ur using your hands to tighten.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Switched over to AMSOIL filters and they feel like they’re quality. Already using their oil, figured might as well use their filters too. They have a nice nonslip coating if ur using your hands to tighten.
I use Amsoil oil and filters on all my vehicles. Have been for a long time. Best stuff out there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds awesome! I like the AMS sticker on the scooter, haha. You're giving me Evo withdrawal also! Still kick myself for selling my low mileage WW Evo 9 RS back in 2017. Would love to grab another but most are too molested, beat to **** or prices are nuts with the current market. Orrrrrrrr build a AWD, 4G63 Colt/Mirage....

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
Sounds awesome! I like the AMS sticker on the scooter, haha. You're giving me Evo withdrawal also! Still kick myself for selling my low mileage WW Evo 9 RS back in 2017. Would love to grab another but most are too molested, beat to **** or prices are nuts with the current market. Orrrrrrrr build a AWD, 4G63 Colt/Mirage....
I love the Evo! I’ve kept an Evo in the stable since 05.
I put all my performance stickers on Doug, we all know they add 5hp each and Doug needs the help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the Evo! I’ve kept an Evo in the stable since 05.
I put all my performance stickers on Doug, we all know they add 5hp each and Doug needs the help.
I started with a '97 Eclipse GSX back in 2001. Then bought a brand new '06 MR. Owned it for about 8 yrs before I put it back to stock & traded it in. Around May 2013 I purchased a 1 owner, low mileage '06 White RS. Still wish I kept the RS. Even though the Hawk is a ton of fun, I really miss having a smaller, manual trans car to rip around. I consider the Hawk my "adult Evo" lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
I started with a '97 Eclipse GSX back in 2001. Then bought a brand new '06 MR. Owned it for about 8 yrs before I put it back to stock & traded it in. Around May 2013 I purchased a 1 owner, low mileage '06 White RS. Still wish I kept the RS. Even though the Hawk is a ton of fun, I really miss having a smaller, manual trans car to rip around. I consider the Hawk my "adult Evo" lol.
Wow! Similar past here. Started with a 95 gst, sold that in late 05 to buy a 05 mr, sold that in early 16 when I bought my FE. I already had a 5.7 limited GC that I sold when I bought my hawk. Doug balances out the garage nicely with his 50cc’s of fury! Lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Came out of work this morning to a flat, glad to have that tow package. Then I got home to no electricity. Gotta love that Texas power grid 👍🏼

Argh! Sucks to have a flat anyday. I just ditched the runflats to install my new forged wheels and MPSS tires on the Hawk. So happy I have the spare tire option like you do more than ever, but hoping I never need to test it out. 😉

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
189 Posts
Argh! Sucks to have a flat anyday. I just ditched the runflats to install my new forged wheels and MPSS tires on the Hawk. So happy I have the spare tire option like you do more than ever, but hoping I never need to test it out. 😉
What wheel and tire size did you go with to use MPSS?

·
Registered
173 Posts
What wheel and tire size did you go with to use MPSS?
2pc 22 x 10.5 BC Forged wheels 305/35r22 Pilot Super Sport tires. Wheels took nearly 3 mos but then the tires were on national backorder for over 2 mos. 🥺 After nearly 6 mos of waiting I am so glad to finally get them on the Hawk. 😁

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
189 Posts
2pc 22 x 10.5 BC Forged wheels 305/35r22 Pilot Super Sport tires. Wheels took nearly 3 mos but then the tires were on national backorder for over 2 mos. 🥺 After nearly 6 mos of waiting I am so glad to finally get them on the Hawk. 😁
Congrats on the setup. I must admit that you are very patient to wait that long, but the end results are worth it.
I want to keep the stock wheel size but am looking for a premium high performance tire besides the garbage pzero’s which are all out of round.

521 - 540 of 555 Posts