Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
541 - 560 of 595 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Well, went to get the tire fixed and got a good look at the tread left and it’s going to be new tire time soon. Thinking I might step up to a 305. What is everyone running these days? I’m currently on stock sized Continentals.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well, went to get the tire fixed and got a good look at the tread left and it’s going to be new tire time soon. Thinking I might step up to a 305. What is everyone running these days? I’m currently on stock sized Continentals.
I'm running 305x35 r22's with Michelin Super Sports and love the grip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Will a 22” spare fit in the wheel well?
Why would you do that? 🤔 I am running 22s now and still have my OEM 20" spare in the back. No need to change the spare as the OD is the same as the new 305/35r22 tires. Differentials and the transfer case do not care about the wheel diameter only the OD of your tires.

So technically a 22" spare would fit if you keep the tire OD the same as the OEM 20" spare tire. But you would need a narrow tire and narrow width 22" wheel to fit under the cargo flooring as the spare tire well is quite shallow in depth.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm running 305x35 r22's with Michelin Super Sports and love the grip.
Running the same 22" 305 MPSS as adamkc, better ride than the 3 season Pirelli run flats but she still spins all 4 tires through 1st and 2nd like you will be doing with your 427. Love the aggressive look of wide 305 tires if you get wheels with about 1" less offset to push them out flush with the fender lips. 👍

·
Banned
178 Posts
Running the same 22" 305 MPSS as adamkc, better ride than the 3 season Pirelli run flats but she still spins all 4 tires through 1st and 2nd like you will be doing with your 427. Love the aggressive look of wide 305 tires if you get wheels with about 1" less offset to push them out flush with the fender lips. 👍
Thank you for the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Well, had to cancel the transmission pan and reorder from a different company but it arrived finally and I’ve already got the new valve body and special transmission fluid so hopefully I’ll be able to get this replaced this week. Wish me luck 🍀

·
Registered
22 Posts
For my Jeep I went with Livernois S1025 mail order package, FIinterchiller’s interchiller, thermal blanket and spacer plates and a Borla S type cat back exhaust.

Already has a legmaker intake, head to toe/inside n out ceramic pro and then a full under hood dress up from billet technologies in the titanium finish to go with the Rhino exterior. Currently on stock sized Continental extreme contacts with the black factory rims.

I decided to do the labor myself and take some pics along the way.

I still have the crank pulley and interchiller to install but I just finished putting the SC back in and doing all the connections up.
Great to see all the assemblies in the flesh like this. It helps me to understand what is under the hood and how Jeep engineers solved problems, especially space allocation. My hat is off to you and anyone who has the balls to rip into a complex machine like this. Good luck; I looked for later posts about the results, but haven't found them yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
I FINALLY got a super car to race me. There was this yellow lambo making all kinds of noise on the highway, he just kept shifting so he could hear the exhaust (a pet peeve of mine) so I sped past him. When traffic eased up he pulled along side of me with that shifting nonsense again. So I slapped it into track mode and hit the gas at about 50. I was ahead and pulling when this guy ahead did a three lane change and I had to hit the brakes. When the lambo went by, I got behind him and hit it again but he didn’t want any.
I can’t wait to have a legit race with one of these fancy cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
Ugh! I’m tire shopping and it’s looking like I’m gonna stay with the stock sized continentals. There’s like nothing in stock and it had been a good tire so far, I was just hoping for something a little stickier.

541 - 560 of 595 Posts