Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
561 - 580 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yup I’ve been looking for Michelin’s and it seems they are on national back order.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
I am extremely happy with my Hankooks evo3. Not as grippy when cold compared to the Pzero’s, extremely goo when warm and hot. More predictable compared to the Pzero

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Well, I got to okc and it wasn’t dripping anymore. I bought another pack of tank weld and after a cleaning and sanding of the area, I slapped another half tube on it and it stuck this time. Gonna let it cure before I refuel, just to be on the safe side and I’ll get it replaced when I get home. Who wants to bet on how much they cost? No peeking but I’m saying $1500 plus labor. I’m thinking insurance should handle it though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That had to crazy odds to puncture your tank like that. Glad your were able to get it patched to continue your trip.

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
That had to crazy odds to puncture your tank like that. Glad your were able to get it patched to continue your trip.
That’s what I was saying. What are the odds?! Lottery ticket time I guess. Lol. I’m just super lucky that I was at a truck stop that had the putty but on the other hand, that thing probably fell off of a truck in the first place. This jeep is such a money pit already that it didn’t even phase me

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
That sucks. I think you should try getting a used tank. Don’t really see the point on buy new. Or you could get a larger custom fuel tank with a proper sump to prevent fuel starvation

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
That sucks. I think you should try getting a used tank. Don’t really see the point on buy new. Or you could get a larger custom fuel tank with a proper sump to prevent fuel starvation
I already have the Fore triple pump system with Holley socks though. I’m going to see what insurance says and then go from there.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
340 Posts
Can always check salvage yard, just clean it out good

·
Super Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
The patch job is still holding, haven’t had time to get it to the shop. I completely destroyed a C8 the other day. Rolling in 2nd, gave him 2 cars before I hit it. I was 6-8 cars ahead when I let off.
On another note, Lil Hemi is officially mine now, title in hand. Would’ve been sooner but I had to put in that motor.

561 - 580 of 595 Posts