Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
581 - 600 of 617 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
Battery did not help. I did find this though and I’m going to order the sensor.

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Battery did not help. I did find this though and I’m going to order the sensor.
Intermediate MAP sensor (IMAP), could have been temporary, battery disconnect may clear it
based on what I found, I think you’re right and I ordered the sensor from Dusterhoff today. I guess we’ll find out soon if this is the issue.

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 ·
Second place cancelled too! National backorder, etc. Now I’m calling the dealership 😢 I hate the dealership! They found one in Oklahoma and it should be here this week 👍🏼😎

· Registered
249 Posts
Curious what you bought for a new battery? I drive my TrackHawk only about once a week during the summer months and since it sits so much I always use a battery tender to keep it topped off.

This must be working as I am still on my original 2018 battery but know I am likely on borrowed time with it. 🙈

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
Curious what you bought for a new battery? I drive my TrackHawk only about once a week during the summer months and since it sits so much I always use a battery tender to keep it topped off.

This must be working as I am still on my original 2018 battery but know I am likely on borrowed time with it. 🙈
Whatever they had at the parts store. I think it’s a Panasonic. Just be sure to get a gel battery.

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 ·
Lil Hemi lives!!!!! $70 for the sensor and then cleared everything with HPtuners. No more CEL and no more throwing codes. I wonder if this thing has any effect on the drivability at low speeds🧐

· Registered
249 Posts
Lil Hemi lives!!!!! $70 for the sensor and then cleared everything with HPtuners. No more CEL and no more throwing codes. I wonder if this thing has any effect on the drivability at low speeds🧐
Great news! 👍 Congratulations on the sensor success. Where was your particular sensor located at?

Thanks for the input on the battery, I had figured it was an AGM absorbed glass mat design battery.

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Great news! 👍 Congratulations on the sensor success. Where was your particular sensor located at?

Thanks for the input on the battery, I had figured it was an AGM absorbed glass mat design battery.
I’m going off memory, probably best to verify with an actual source that knows. It’s the sensor on the blower.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
My driver seat (Laguna leather) is looking kinda bad lately so I decided to grab some seat covers to stop the wear. The fronts look pretty good, the back seats, not as good but now I can put the dogs back there. Grabbed them off Amazon for $200 for the full set.

Attachments

· Registered
249 Posts
Those are pretty sharp looking covers you have there and pricing. 👍 Mind sharing the brand with us? I have considered getting some covers for my daily driver to protect the seats from when I go mountain biking.

Cute pup too! 🐶

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #595 ·
Here’s the link from Amazon, they also had black with red stitching along with another color. Kind of defeats the heated/cooled function of the seat though is my only complaint but it’s to be expected when u put something over the seat.

YIERTAI Jeep Grand Cherokee Seat... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099RGNRM3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

· Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
I cannot catch a break. A few months ago I had a road hazard and punctured the fuel tank. I got it replaced and then it started cutting out on left turns when it has 1/2 tank or less. We pulled out the fuel pumps and sent them off to Fore to be checked.and they found nothing wrong but recommended pump replacement because they were operating at 90%, so I replaced all three along with the filters. We also replaced the passenger side fuel pump assembly (sending unit) and STILL have the problem. It seems to me that we are not pulling from the passenger side of the fuel tank. I’m going to data log it and send it off to my tuner to see if he can see anything definitive. I’m so frustrated to get my jeep back and it’s still F’d.

· Premium Member
313 Posts
I cannot catch a break. A few months ago I had a road hazard and punctured the fuel tank. I got it replaced and then it started cutting out on left turns when it has 1/2 tank or less. We pulled out the fuel pumps and sent them off to Fore to be checked.and they found nothing wrong but recommended pump replacement because they were operating at 90%, so I replaced all three along with the filters. We also replaced the passenger side fuel pump assembly (sending unit) and STILL have the problem. It seems to me that we are not pulling from the passenger side of the fuel tank. I’m going to data log it and send it off to my tuner to see if he can see anything definitive. I’m so frustrated to get my jeep back and it’s still F’d.
Hopefully it’s something simple in the tune, sounds like you’ve got the mechanical end sorted.

· Registered
321 Posts
I was looking at some tank pictures on line, also looked at the diagram, vacuum lines and fuel hoses, could the lift pump maybe have a small crack in the supply line? Maybe it could be a weak lift pump? Or maybe vacuum leak? Mind boggling that it only cuts out on left turns and less than 1/2 tank. Maybe a slight obstruction in one of the many lines? also when making a left turn all the fuel would tend to move to the right side of the tank exposing maybe an issue with the lift pump? Just brain storming here.

Font Auto part Automotive tire Rim Electric blue
Automotive design Font Art Bicycle part Auto part

· Premium Member
313 Posts
I was looking at some tank pictures on line, also looked at the diagram, vacuum lines and fuel hoses, could the lift pump maybe have a small crack in the supply line? Maybe it could be a weak lift pump? Or maybe vacuum leak? Mind boggling that it only cuts out on left turns and less than 1/2 tank. Maybe a slight obstruction in one of the many lines? also when making a left turn all the fuel would tend to move to the right side of the tank exposing maybe an issue with the lift pump? Just brain storming here.

View attachment 11420 View attachment 11421
Maybe onto something with the vacuum leak?

581 - 600 of 617 Posts