Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
601 - 617 of 617 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
If the condition is repeatable can you data log and see if it's fuel pressure drop or anything else?

Mine does it when I make a quick hard left U-turn, pedal goes dead momentarily and then recovers. haven't done a data log yet to see what's causing it.

· Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 ·
Well I washed it today and noticed the wiper fluid was low as was the coolant and the blower belt had jumped a tooth and shredded a portion of the belt. I replaced the belt with another HD belt I had spare, ordered a new one and found that Gates now offers my size in a RPM version so I ordered that too.

As far as the fuel issue, I think it’s an install issue. Talking to Fore, the top must be removed from the pump assembly in order to connect the transfer tube but the tech didn’t do that, he finagled the connector off/on without doing this step. Waiting to see what the shop has to say about it.

· Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
And that’s why they call me lucky 🍀. Just driving down the road and punched it a bit. All of the sudden the jeep is making a weird noise, sounds exhaust related. Got pulled over and it looks like the driver’s side post cat O2 sensor busted the weld. Well, at least it was already going back into the shop on Monday to pull the fuel pumps again and sending everything off to Fore for them to test. I think the local speed shop messed up the connection where the passenger side unit connects to the fuel pump assembly.

Attachments

· Premium Member
313 Posts
And that’s why they call me lucky 🍀. Just driving down the road and punched it a bit. All of the sudden the jeep is making a weird noise, sounds exhaust related. Got pulled over and it looks like the driver’s side post cat O2 sensor busted the weld. Well, at least it was already going back into the shop on Monday to pull the fuel pumps again and sending everything off to Fore for them to test. I think the local speed shop messed up the connection where the passenger side unit connects to the fuel pump assembly.
Maybe you should change your sig to Lucky Hemi.

· Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
I am about to lose my mind with these fuel pumps!! After much, much arguing with the local speed shop we sent the pumps and passenger side units off to Fore and no leak was found but they said my pumps are degraded and should be replaced. I told them they replaced them in October. They said they talked to the actual tech and he said they were not replaced. I said see the invoice I paid for $500. Fore now says they actually were replaced in October and blamed the jeep sitting since October with E85 in the tank as the cause for the degraded pump performance. I let them know that it’s my daily driver and has been getting fueled almost daily due to the fuel pumps cutting out at 5/8 tank. They agreed to re-replace the fuel pumps but found no reason that explains my issue. I asked if they put the connector on in the same manner that the speed shop did as we have already established that they did not separate the fuel pump assembly to make the passenger side unit connection as Fore specifies. They said that their test bench does not accommodate such a request leaving me to believe that the local speed shop caused all of this by not following the procedure. Also, all of Austin has frozen over and the city has been closed for days and I’ve got lots of tree limbs to chop up. Sorry, just venting.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
Have you gone over your fuel lines, might be a kinked hose/pipe. I have also had the problem of inside rubber layer of my hoses coming loose and blocking the passage on a few of my heavy machinery hydraulic hoses. You could be over working the pumps without knowing because of such an issue leading to premature failure of the pumps. Are the pumps sitting at the right height in the tank? Maybe a measurement should be taken to see the difference between stock and fore pumps. Also check the routing of the pipes at the pumps. You might pump fuel away from the pickup point instead of pumping fuel to it.

· Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Have you gone over your fuel lines, might be a kinked hose/pipe. I have also had the problem of inside rubber layer of my hoses coming loose and blocking the passage on a few of my heavy machinery hydraulic hoses. You could be over working the pumps without knowing because of such an issue leading to premature failure of the pumps. Are the pumps sitting at the right height in the tank? Maybe a measurement should be taken to see the difference between stock and fore pumps. Also check the routing of the pipes at the pumps. You might pump fuel away from the pickup point instead of pumping fuel to it.
I think the problem must lie inside of the tank since the issue is related to fuel level. The system worked flawlessly until the fuel tank was changed and now has issues at 5/8 tank and below. The issue has to be the connection at the fuel pump assembly from the passenger side unit die to the speed shop not taking the pump assembly apart in order to make the connection as Fire states must be done. I. Getting real tired of everyone making the wildest excuses in the world to explain my sudden issue instead of them just fixing it or at the very least, using some sort of model based troubleshooting. Maybe then they’d realize that there are only so many parts involved in the fuel tank so it can’t possibly be very many things causing the issue. You should hear some of the excuses they’ve given me, it’s just sad that these people don’t have a better understanding of how things work since they are the alleged experts.

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
I think the problem must lie inside of the tank since the issue is related to fuel level. The system worked flawlessly until the fuel tank was changed and now has issues at 5/8 tank and below. The issue has to be the connection at the fuel pump assembly from the passenger side unit die to the speed shop not taking the pump assembly apart in order to make the connection as Fire states must be done. I. Getting real tired of everyone making the wildest excuses in the world to explain my sudden issue instead of them just fixing it or at the very least, using some sort of model based troubleshooting. Maybe then they’d realize that there are only so many parts involved in the fuel tank so it can’t possibly be very many things causing the issue. You should hear some of the excuses they’ve given me, it’s just sad that these people don’t have a better understanding of how things work since they are the alleged experts.
It is a real shame that you have to go through this. The aftermarket world on a pro level should have some of the greatest in their company to support end users on both amature and pro levels.

it just might be time for you to do it yourself.Like that you can triple check every step while taking photos to help diagnose if an issue reapprears.

· Super Moderator
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
It is a real shame that you have to go through this. The aftermarket world on a pro level should have some of the greatest in their company to support end users on both amature and pro levels.

it just might be time for you to do it yourself.Like that you can triple check every step while taking photos to help diagnose if an issue reapprears.
The pumps are still at the manufacturer. I demanded another flow test with the brand new pumps since the ones they installed in October are already done for (I don’t believe this is true and they’re already trying to blame me for this too). Then once they’re back here, I’ll probably demand to be included in the install, so I can verify they’re doing it correctly. There are no parts involved except the tank, pumps and passenger side unit. It has to be related to one of these. These people are trying to make it so complicated but it isn’t. Just assemble the damn thing the way it is meant to be assembled and I’m betting everything will go back to normal. It’s not an intermittent problem, it is constant and it only started after the tank replacement (where the tech did not follow the procedure). The problem
Is that the shop is going to want several thousand dollars if I can’t prove it was their labor that caused this issue AND I will still have to take it somewhere else to get fixed. I don’t have all the stuff to drop that tank here at the house, I already tried that once.

601 - 617 of 617 Posts