Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Lil Hemi’s build

109K views 657 replies 58 participants last post by  Skltr 
#1 ·
For my Jeep I went with Livernois S1025 mail order package, FIinterchiller’s interchiller, thermal blanket and spacer plates and a Borla S type cat back exhaust.

Already has a legmaker intake, head to toe/inside n out ceramic pro and then a full under hood dress up from billet technologies in the titanium finish to go with the Rhino exterior. Currently on stock sized Continental extreme contacts with the black factory rims.

I decided to do the labor myself and take some pics along the way.

I still have the crank pulley and interchiller to install but I just finished putting the SC back in and doing all the connections up.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like you were finally able to get the blower pulley off. I didn't think it would be _that_ hard with the correct tools, but from your other post(s), it sounds like that was a PITA.

#6 · (Edited)
Was all ready to fight the crank pulley today but after I locked the flywheel in place via torx driver and used an appropriate force multiplier on my breaker bar, it was no big deal, less than 10 minutes start to finish to get the bolt out. I read on hellcat.org you need a special bolt to use a harmonic balancer puller and that should be here soon. Then we’ll see how difficult it is to pin the crank. I think I’m going to buy a carbide bit to make it easier to drill.

Attachments

#9 ·
So it didn’t need the special bolt but it does need a particular type of puller n not the janky stuff I bought from summit (will try n return). I’ll get a pic mañana but it’s nothing ur local auto parts store wouldn’t have a as a loaner.

#11 ·
Officially putting the interchiller off until later, I’m just too tired to do it properly. I put back in the heat exchanger for the IC fluid and everything is pretty much back together. Going to change the oil and do the oil cooler mod tomorrow as I put on the underbelly and bumper. Then we fire it up n see what happens. Livernois says they are a few weeks out with the tranny laptop despite them saying it was only a week (and it’s been a week already).

#12 ·
I'd be getting excited about now. So how did you pull the harmonic balancer off? How did the crank pinning go, any trouble with that?

#13 ·
So I just went to O’reilys n borrowed their puller kit, I did have to go get longer 5/16” bolts to pull the new balancer back off though. Grinding was a big pain as the new pulley is larger than the previous. I had to pull the new pulley off a few times and grind more. I thought I had plenty of room but then you also need to add extra clearance for the belt. It was frustrating and multiple trips to Home Depot. In the end I bought a battery powered right angle drill and went with a cobalt drill bit. I’d previously tried a titanium bit with horrible results. You’ll also need a compressor to blow out all the shavings (multiple times). If I were to do it a second time, I could shave off about 6 hours.

Attachments

#14 ·
Thanks Hemi! Not criticizing, but a little more detail would be helpful for those of us that will do this in the future! Like the minimum depth of your crank key slot and pictures of the bolts and crap....unless the mail order picture comes with it... in that case, let us know what you think the moment you get the tranny tune! I frequently wonder what it would feel like at WOT without the torque minimizing default tune. Obvi we will want to see some 0-60 0-100 numbers :p Enjoy!!! Also curious what the difference between a 93 octane only 0-60/0-100 pull and a full e85 run is for science.

#16 ·
I’m trying to do pics of anything I run into that I can’t find the answers to on YouTube or where instructions aren’t supplied.

I put a neodymium magnet drain plug in and the EZ valve on the oil cooler

Something worth noting, the plastic rivets are over $8 per at the stealership so get them online.

Attachments

#18 ·
The crank pulley is a 9% overdrive, so it’s physically larger. Here’s a picture of the crank pulley so u can see how it's keyed. The 3 hole insert is what’s actually pinned to the crank and then it in turn is keyed to the balancer.
They didn’t charge me anything, it literally took 30 seconds to get it loose, I tipped the guy $15.

Attachments

#19 ·
Thanks for sharing. This brings back memories of my install. Mine is Rhino as well and terrorizing the local dragstrip.

I hope Livernois has improved their turn around time as it took way more than a few weeks to get the laptop.

What's the oil cooler mod?

You should also look at changing the coolant metal 90 deg piece in front of the engine. Easy mod that increases flow.

#20 ·
Ok, everything that matters is back on the jeep. Connected the battery and it did not like the bumper sensors not being connected so that’s temporary done. I turned on the ignition without turning the jeep on and ran diagnostics. It came back with 5 including an intake temp alarm. I plugged in the intake sensor and now we are code free and ready to fire up. I’m waiting on my buddy to get back and giving the air filter oil time to absorb.
Fingers crossed.

#27 ·
I went for a spin (forgot to plug in the **** bumper sensor array) worked the air bubbles out of the IC fluid. Keeping an eye on my fluids n such. Watching the AFR, it seems kinda all over the place when throttle let off n coasting.

It’s gonna stay in the garage until Livernois can get the laptop here. They said a week, not sure when that counter starts though. I let the parts sit for a week before I installed n then it took me a week. Now they’re saying I’m second in line. I’m not upset or bad mouthing anyone, just stating facts. This is where I’m at. We’ll see how long the laptop takes. They were quick to respond (under 1 hour) to let me know 1 was in Australia n 1 was in NJ or they were headed there next n then on to me? Idk, I took it for a short, well behaved drive and it’s sooo whiny. Makes sense as you’re driving the SC that much faster.

#28 ·
Sounds like your build is coming along as expected. I agree with parking it until everything is squared and complete. This is a great experience and very interesting to follow along with your progress, I thank you for taking the time to share. You'll have to take a picture of the smile on your face once completed and you tested your new power.

Bill