Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Livernois Catch Can. Is the brass filter and fillet cut tube swapped?(It came that way) The brass filter is attached to the valve cover side, then it flows thru the can and then out the fillet cut aluminum tube. I feel like it needs swapped? I thought the air should filter thru brass filter on it's way out of the can?

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Great question. Perhaps wait and give them a call Monday unless someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For what it’s worth, mine came that way as well. I also thought it should go the other way so I tried emailing them to ask for clarification, but didn’t get an answer back. I lost interest and never bothered calling.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
169 Posts
The inlet to the catchcan should be where the brass filter is. The brass filter helps condens the oil and other vapors. The bypass fumes have a long path through the brass filter, which gives enough time to condens any moisture which is then heavy enough to fall to the bottom of the catchcan.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I switched mine and it is working fine, oil pools in the bottom.....oil come in thru the long tube to the bottom, drips off the end of the tube...…..anything leaving has to get all the way to the top and past the brass filter, the brass filter has stayed clean...….it is a bit crude but it works. (I have a Mighty Mouse on my Z06 which is much more sophisticated as it has a relief valve which will vent the crankcase during boosted conditions...…..haven't seen any for the Hellcats which do this?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts