Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
battle of the CAI> some will say they are all the same. I say thats like saying all women are the same. true. jk.

JLT- $ 350-475 (for color match-carid.com still has all colors) plastic tube, heat shield, prefilter sock

livernois- 460 metal tube? , full box, no prefilter

livernois claims they make more power on their intake than a jlt. yup of course it does lol I read a post where they say 870 with there intake 850 with th other guys ( jlt bwoody) ben then ken Sampson made 870 with the same 1025 kit with just a drop in green filter:|

in any search for info,, not much was there4, however being in a rainy climate the livernois has a top to it and makes me feel better about water getting into the filter( they also call for the hood support plastic piece to be removed which looks like water would come right at the filter from there.

jlt looks like the filter is protected from the hood vent water, however it doesn't seal at all to the top of the hood like there NICER units for HELLCATS and such (dude from JLT even admitted on the phone that these are cheaper units) looking for facts on both. if you own one of either please post why you like it most and what the flaw is, also how it takes down pours or car washes( if you give a fk enough to check after, if not wrong thread) which is probably my decideing factor and anyone else in the country besides the southwest US.

PLEASE DO NOT COME TROLL THIS THREAD ABOUT HOW CAI ARE ALL ASTHETICS AN PICK THE PRETTY ONE. Also please don't come mention a leg maker and bwoody. this thread is about true CAI, not pretty tubes with filters. peace

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after talking with jlt and livernois im going with the livernois simply due to jlts admittedly half assed design that doesn't seal with the hood even close unlike their units for the hellcat etc. Im sure that heat shield does something but no more than DDR unit and that Unit looks WAY Nicer Real carbon fiber...

livernois uses a nice air-raid(KN) filter and is nearly fully enclosed box. Ill keep y'all posted when I get it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I decided to go with the Livernois as well. Excited that I was able to get in on the first wave of 2019 units to ship out. During your research did you by chance learn of a Outerwear filter cover that is compatible with the filter Livernois is using? Good luck, looking forward to some pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FWIW - I have the JLT and no issues with water getting in even w/o top lid. Daily driven. But the Livernois set up does look nice as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
after talking with jlt and livernois im going with the livernois simply due to jlts admittedly half assed design that doesn't seal with the hood even close unlike their units for the hellcat etc. Im sure that heat shield does something but no more than DDR unit and that Unit looks WAY Nicer Real carbon fiber...

livernois uses a nice air-raid(KN) filter and is nearly fully enclosed box. Ill keep y'all posted when I get it.
Very cool. If you have an opportunity to datalog IATs stock and after you put on the Livernois unit, I think many of us would be interested in what that shows.

*For the record, I apologize for _ass_uming on the other thread you were discussing a "pipe and filter" type CAI. You may still disagree with me regardless, but for 20 years I've seen those underhood polished jobs with an unshielded pretty cone filter do nothing but pull tons of super-heated air into engines, which means (especially without tuning) the PCM just pulls timing as IATs skyrocket, resulting in extremely minimal power gains, even if airflow is improved.* But that is not what this unit looks to be _AT ALL_, so again, I was making a poor assumption (was also on my phone over the holidays and wasn't in a position to quickly navigate the web and do research due to cell service...poor excuse, I know).

I think it is great that someone is doing mods in stages. Most people seem to just jump to the 925 or 1025 kits, etc. That's great for them, but I'm not willing to void warranty just yet.

This and the JLT were not out yet when I bought my green filter, which as you know already is akin to a K&N drop-in panel element. So I will be interested to see your results with nothing more than this CAI. I can't say my green filter does, or doesn't, add a little power, but it certainly isn't noticeable SOP. The blower whine is a tad louder than with the stock filter, and in cooler temps the thing runs consistent 0-60 in 3.1. But I wouldn't say that is faster than a TH with a stock filter, per se.

Looking forward to your testing and results! :cool:

Also looking forward to your impressions of the MPSS tires on the 22" wheels you have coming. I bet it handles noticeably better! But tire wear may be a PITA??

Happy New Year!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts