Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First post here, but I have found a local 18 Trackhawk that is pretty substantially modded. I've been lurking the forums for a bit but wanted to directly ask a question. What is the, overall, modded reliability of the platform - assuming quality parts, maintenance and quality tuner? Anything specific to look for in general, or anything on this list cause for concern?

Mod list:

JLT Oil Separator 3.0
Hellcat CNC polished and ported TB by Modern Muscle Performance
Dodge Hellcat 6.4L +9% Overdrive Damper
American Racing Headers
Hellcat Billet Racing Belt Tensioner by American Racing
Billet Technology Signature Series Catch Can
HHP 180 Degree Tstat
Hp Tuners PCM - big question here is who?
Demon Performance 2 Piece Rotors
Bwoody Trackhawk Suspension Package
Legmaker TrackHawk Intake
ANKRY AN12 22" Wheels
Eibach Pro Kit
Killer Chiller System

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Idk about the killer chiller, there’s better ways. What about upper pulley/injectors? There’s a lot of unknowns with this. Why would somebody buy it, dump all that cash into it n then sell it if nothings wrong with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is all the info I have at this point. I will get some more. Mod and sell...I'm no stranger to that. I have a reasonably modded 18 TT RS that is perfect, but I'm going to probably sell it and consolidate down to one vehicle. This particular car being modded and dumped because it doesn't drive right...plausible. Dunno. Wish I could find the previous owner.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What color, part of country, at dealer, car fax?
All of that might help point in direction of previous owner.

Chances are it was in someone’s social media feed. I know of a few who have recently dumped modded Hawks.

If this was a Hellcat, I’d say go over it and if all works out, no worries.

But being the this is a trackhawk, the awd transfer case is the big question here. It only takes a few moments of bonehead beating on it to burn one up.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What color, part of country, at dealer, car fax?
All of that might help point in direction of previous owner.

Chances are it was in someone’s social media feed. I know of a few who have recently dumped modded Hawks.

If this was a Hellcat, I’d say go over it and if all works out, no worries.

But being the this is a trackhawk, the awd transfer case is the big question here. It only takes a few moments of bonehead beating on it to burn one up.

Good luck.

Thanks for taking the time. Here it is. Two owner, second owner put 10k miles on in just a few months which is strange. Car has spent its life in Dallas area.

https://www.tacticalfleet.com/2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-c-12755.htm#details-3

·
Registered
655 Posts
Agreed on looking on Youtube and elsewhere (Hellcat forums) for any info on this very TH.
Asking here is a good idea too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, there’s definitely no catch can in that engine bay photo, which isn’t really a big deal. But it does beg the question - was anything else taken off before selling? Another issue with the description - the hellcat engine displacement is 6.2L of supercharged goodness. The SRT is a 6.4L NA from the factory.

·
Registered
582 Posts
And if you really want to question dealer about possible missing mods, very few people do a lower pulley and leave the stock upper in place. The big belt tensioner tells me there was most likely a small upper on there at one point in its life.

Can’t tell from pics posted, but take a look at the 6 bolts around the snout as they would have tool marks on them to swap out oem pulley.

If you can’t get in touch with original owner and get full story, you are going to have a lot of unanswered suspicions about this truck.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not saying 100% same truck, ... but ... SKM performance has/had a white Trackhawk as a shop Jeep. Details are few on their page, but it did have a differential leak back in May.

Didn’t show up on their IG account until April 2019. Owner also mentions in 1/8 mile run it was done on 22” wheels. Note the bwoody rear toe arms in 2nd pic below from IG. My guess, they are the 2nd owner.

I’d call them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxijjCKn00I/?igshid=20fpbbb43gde

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxlMG6KnF1b/?igshid=t56suywzw8dm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Myself I would never consider buying a pre modded Trackhawk if I didn't know the seller.

It could be great or a Grenade waiting for a place to happen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Worth asking for a FCA service history and current warranty status. As Mike says maybe this was someone's shop truck for mods that they're looking to move along, or someone that blew the wad on mods, then it broke/became unreliable and needs to dump it and get out. 10:1 odds that if its in limp mode then it broke, FCA denied warranty so the owner can't afford to fix it and is trying to move it...

I'm with Mike, take a pass, there is nicer equipment out there than this, and if you have your heart set on mods buy something nice and leave yourself a bit of $ to sent it to Livernois or one of the other reputable shops...

·
Registered
314 Posts
My guess is that this is not being sold at an actual Jeep Dealer, if not then walk. I think someone mentioned before but the service history can be obtained. If you call ca a jeep dealer they can print / Fax / Email it to you. Tell them your story and they will help. I have a dealer in my local area that will do it for me and if you PM me the VIN I can have them send it over.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Idk about the killer chiller, there’s better ways. What about upper pulley/injectors? There’s a lot of unknowns with this. Why would somebody buy it, dump all that cash into it n then sell it if nothings wrong with it?
Ha ME. I put a 12K lift kit on a F250 a few years back and sold it right when it was done. complete waste of money on my part but Just dont care when I am done I am done. Same with my Raptor I traded in could of took all the extras off for same money left it all on anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts