Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone has or trying to sell 2018 Trackhawk that's within 300miles of 40291.

* I have cash/cashiers check from the bank

-Any color other than Black
-That still has basic warranty
-Suede seats ONLY, Black interior ONLY
-NOT heavily modified, I don't want it to effect stock warranty. Catch can, lowering springs & air intake is fine. NO tunes.

Text me only (502) 819-2760

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much cash are you packing?
If I say how much I have or maximum, ofcourse you will pick maximum amount. You show me the car, give me details and make me an offer. I do have cash no bullshit. But be resonable, I'm not paying for used 2018 Trackhawk that has price of new 2020.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
I am off topic but I never understood this maybe you can help?
"I have cash" what difference does that make other then it will take time to count all the money? if in 20s you'll need a damn gym bag and even hundreds is a nice brick. why not a check from the bank one lil paper and no counting?

I think you should check auto trader and sites like that you will have a better chance of finding what you want. most of us modify for performance or plan to. good luck with your hunt and make sure you post some pictures after you get it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am off topic but I never understood this maybe you can help?
"I have cash" what difference does that make other then it will take time to count all the money? if in 20s you'll need a damn gym bag and even hundreds is a nice brick. why not a check from the bank one lil paper and no counting?

I think you should check auto trader and sites like that you will have a better chance of finding what you want. most of us modify for performance or plan to. good luck with your hunt and make sure you post some pictures after you get it.
Cash is more appealing. But yes, cash or check from the bank, which ever that person prefers.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Cash is more appealing. But yes, cash or check from the bank, which ever that person prefers.
Yea I see that if it was a few hundred or even thousand but imagine 80K how hard that would be for some? LMAO it would take me 5-10 minutes but some of my buddys it would take hours and probably have to count it a few times lol I can see it now lil stacks of 1000s laid all over the floor. anyways Im just rambling good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Had more then 1 guy offer me cash, who said they couldnt pay by check ... lol

Problem with cash, if you find out at deposit time, its either miscounted, or worse, not real, you’ll have a hard time proving it’s the same cash they gave you and if they knew it was fake.

So, don’t cancel insurance until check or cash clears ... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had more then 1 guy offer me cash, who said they couldnt pay by check ... lol

Problem with cash, if you find out at deposit time, its either miscounted, or worse, not real, you’ll have a hard time proving it’s the same cash they gave you and if they knew it was fake.

So, don’t cancel insurance until check or cash clears ... lol

I've done this before. ALWAYS check if the check is legit, by going to the actual website of the bank and using that phone # to verify if the fund are available, than go to the bank the same day and deposit it. Cash is not that bad, go to the bank with the seller and have the bank count the money, they have the machine to do it, at the same time you can have the bank notarize the signature on the title.

The only issue I see with cash is getting the money, 1. meaning you have to call-in in advance, because bank don't carry that much cash, 2. you have to carry that cash to the seller, 3. Counting the cash (this can be mitigated by having the bank count it for you).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yea, I hear you, risks no matter what you do today. Did what you described with a cashiers check, verified by my bank, they called other, but it end, it is still not a guarantee.

And believe it or not, banks will charge you to deposit that much cash today.
My business is still somewhat a cash one. Banks do not want to handle it as it costs them money. Goofy world today. But cash is the least risky transfer for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT*

DON'T BUY THIS, HEAVILY MODED AND THEY WON'T TELL YOU UNLESS YOU LOOK/CATCH THEM WITH LOWER PULLEY. When to look at it, never told me over the phone if it was moded, even tho I asked. Came there, caught them with lower pulley, manager than desides to tell me his brother moded and tuned it. Piss poor cleaning of the car as well and you can tell it was beated to hell.

2018 Trackhawk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmm. So for the same money you could buy my '20, with 2,091 highway miles on it. Same color, too.
Stock except for seat covers, floor mats, and the dash cover, and the new Conti DWS06 tires I just installed.

And just like that one, mine was broken in carefully and had its first oil change at 500 miles.
Oh, wait, you don't think that '18 was treated that way??
You're right. Don't buy that one. There are better ones out there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So $80K in cash will take you over 8 trips to the bank to deposit without causing big brother to get involved....plus you would need a couple counterfeit detector pens and a bunch of time to verify it's all good....been there done that.....a bank transfer is much easier and quicker......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So $80K in cash will take you over 8 trips to the bank to deposit without causing big brother to get involved....plus you would need a couple counterfeit detector pens and a bunch of time to verify it's all good....been there done that.....a bank transfer is much easier and quicker......
??? apparently you never taken out cash from the bank. Call the bank in advance and they will have it for you next day, no matter how much. Why is everyone so afraid of cash??? If you're worrying about depositing cash, just go to the bank with that person and have the bank run it thru the machine to calculate it for you. Why is everyone so ONE minded.

·
Registered
165 Posts
….. worrying about depositing cash, just go to the bank …. Why is everyone so ONE minded."
"Depositing a big amount of cash that is $10,000 or more means your bank or credit union will report it to the federal government. The $10,000 threshold was created as part of the Bank Secrecy Act, passed by Congress in 1970, and adjusted with the Patriot Act in 2002."

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is it illegal to sell a car, house, or something worth over 10K?
If not, why would the federal government have a problem with the deposit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Depositing a big amount of cash that is $10,000 or more means your bank or credit union will report it to the federal government. The $10,000 threshold was created as part of the Bank Secrecy Act, passed by Congress in 1970, and adjusted with the Patriot Act in 2002."
LOL, So??? Is selling a car illegal. I guess some people on here have something to hide. Hmmmmmm...... Just joking. This shouldn't deter you from doing everyday things.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmm. Guess I can justify having way too many vehicles this way. Just can't sell them.
Can't get paid in cash...and if I do, I have to deposit it in a bank. And if paid by check or otherwise, I'm also on the hook for illegal activity.

Good thing it works better with property than cars, or I'd have too many of those too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts