Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any input/sharing of experience of driving the Trackhawk in the snow/ice?

How effective do you feel the traction setting is, and generally - what are your experiences with it in the winter weather?

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The snow mode does a fantastic job of taming the power. With a gentle foot and narrower winter tires, I don’t think it is much behind driving my previous Summit model with similar tires. The low clearance was too much for snow plowing against the little plastic wind dams near the front of the front tires and mine broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Tires determine how good it will be. While the All seasons are decent in the snow when new, they become noticeably less effective with 10-15k miles on them.

I run blizzaks and while it was a relatively mild winter here last year, I can confidently say the only thing that may limit this truck is ground clearance in the really deep stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the quick replies. Does anyone feel the throttle can be too "touchy" in the snow/ice, or does the snow setting tame the throttle response enough?

Thank you again,

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's not touchy at all to me. Feels just like a regular grand Cherokee until you step on it.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Does anyone feel the throttle can be too "touchy" in the snow/ice, or does the snow setting tame the throttle response enough?

Thank you again,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Snow and Ice

With good snow tires you will be fine. If needed place in snow mode that gives 50/50 split and reduced HP to ~500. LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I drove mine all winter and it was awesome! I got some replica Trackhawk wheels and some narrower tires and they all worked perfectly together. No issues at all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts