1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standard Iron brake:

Carbon Ceramic brake:

Caliper rebuild components:
Whether you are looking for just brake pad or rotor replacement, retrofit OE for a more efficient brake, or complete brake system upgrade/overhaul you should be able to find the one you need. If you have an inquiry please post here or send us an email via "Contact Us" for a timely response.

We look forward to serving your brake needs.

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to post some feedback on RacingBrake’s lightweight 2-piece rotors and ET500 brake pads for our wk1 Jeep SRT8’s. I recently replaced a very low mile set of R1 slotted rotors and Stoptech pads (selling these so if you are interested please PM me, if in Houston area I can do the install for reasonable labor rate), with RB’s latest 2-piece lightweight rotors and ET500 pads both front and rear. Using my digital bathroom scale I weighed the RB 2-piece rotors and my slightly used R1 slotted rotors, see below:

Front RB 19.2lb vs Stock R1 Replacement at 27.6, delta = (8.4)lb
Rear 17.6lb vs 24, delta = (6.4)lb

Install was straightforward, component design and presentation of the brake rotors are simply beautiful (see pics, note the black on the friction surface will wear off with use). It’s hard to describe how well designed the cooling passages are inside the rotors, suffice it to say that the Mechanical Engineer in me is very impressed, especially when comparing to the lack of engineering visible in the competitors’ products (most brake rotor designs appear to use an old school approach to copy what has been done by others, not the case with RB’s 2-piece rotors).

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece-rotor-Open-Slot-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-p/2310.htm

I bed in the pads per the RB instructs, including recommended cool down, no shimmy/no vibration/no other concerns. Now the results … the initial bite of the ET500 pads is so much improved relative to the Stoptech pads that are so popular on this forum. I love love love the RB ET500 brake pedal feel as there is no wait for deceleration when initially applying the brakes, decel is progressive with increased pedal effort, no issues modulating decel. I have been driving with high performance brake pads for years on my sports cars and have to say I hate the Stoptech pads on our Jeeps, poor braking performance and initial bite was non-existent. I will share that I have been able to increase my 2-step launch rpm several hundred rpm with these brakes, this demonstrates a higher static friction coefficient resulting in more holding power to allow me to stall the torque converter to a higher rpm without pushing through the brakes, this means launching at higher rpm for what I hope to be better 60ft times (time will tell if my transmission input shaft likes this).

Only a couple of nits so far, yea I’m a Mechanical Engineer so I always have nits with anything I buy. Had to get a replacement set of rear pads as the original ones supplied were too tight of a fit in the rear calipers (width of pad back plate was the issue), the replacements slid right in without issue. Note that I was meticulous to clean out any residual pad dust buildup or road debris prior to pad install. Getting an occasional bit of brake pad squeal with cold brake temps and mild braking such as when daily driving , I can report back on this after compiling more miles.

As a picky SOB I have to say that I am thrilled with this setup so far, I’ll report back after a few track events and more street miles to/from the track.
Found above review on WK1 Forum.

...Install was straightforward, component design and presentation of the brake rotors are simply beautiful (see pics, note the black on the friction surface will wear off with use). It’s hard to describe how well designed the cooling passages are inside the rotors, suffice it to say that the Mechanical Engineer in me is very impressed, especially when comparing to the lack of engineering visible in the competitors’ products (most brake rotor designs appear to use an old school approach to copy what has been done by others, not the case with RB’s 2-piece rotors)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.