Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Longtime lurker here and somewhat active member on hellcat forums. I currently own a 2019 Charger hellcat and a trackhawk is creeping up as the #1 option (debating between TH, AMG GLE 63 S, AMG E63 S) for a replacement.

My main question to you guys is...for those of you that made the transition from a hellcat to trackhawk, what do you miss about the hellcat?

I love my car and as fun as it is to go sideways when mashing it in 2nd gear.....not being able to put the power down to the ground gets old after a while.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the hawk is best option. here is why... (my wife just sold her 2014 ML63 she got a GLC63s and my neighbor has a 2018 GLE63s right now) first off any mods are dirt cheap for the Track Hawk compared to GLE63. Services way more $. The Hawk is faster 100% out the gates and with minor mods its faster. OK Quality is not the same between the german and the american. I have raced my neighbor from a dig and dusted him. I am modded but it was no contest. He is in the process of selling his 2018 GLE63s to get something else its value with 8k miles $61k. We are talking about a 120k vehicle new that is about 3 years old for some reason the benz's dont hold up well for resale.

I think you will get way more out of the Hawk and get to use its power more without losing grip. I have to say, I could get any car right now but cant see myself parting ways with this Trackhawk modded its an animal in its own and very little will compete. Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
humm if you go merc you have to go with the E63 S the SUV are just not even close. You have a hellcat so you know the power. your right its cool being able to get the power to stick but I also think its fun to get sideways at will. The TH is mid sized SUV and IMO pretty small.your in the place where you want to know if the grass is greener on the other side. you are the only one to know that.
is your hell cat modded? lets trade for a day cuz I want to go sideways lmao.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the hawk is best option. here is why... (my wife just sold her 2014 ML63 she got a GLC63s and my neighbor has a 2018 GLE63s right now) first off any mods are dirt cheap for the Track Hawk compared to GLE63. Services way more $. The Hawk is faster 100% out the gates and with minor mods its faster. OK Quality is not the same between the german and the american. I have raced my neighbor from a dig and dusted him. I am modded but it was no contest. He is in the process of selling his 2018 GLE63s to get something else its value with 8k miles $61k. We are talking about a 120k vehicle new that is about 3 years old for some reason the benz's dont hold up well for resale.

I think you will get way more out of the Hawk and get to use its power more without losing grip. I have to say, I could get any car right now but cant see myself parting ways with this Trackhawk modded its an animal in its own and very little will compete. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your input! What mods do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
humm if you go merc you have to go with the E63 S the SUV are just not even close. You have a hellcat so you know the power. your right its cool being able to get the power to stick but I also think its fun to get sideways at will. The TH is mid sized SUV and IMO pretty small.your in the place where you want to know if the grass is greener on the other side. you are the only one to know that.
is your hell cat modded? lets trade for a day cuz I want to go sideways lmao.
My main thing is that i want AWD. I had a durango R/T and miss having something i can drive and have fun with all year round....living in Michigan the cat is useless from December-March although i drive it anyway (carefully). Nothing against hellcats but i know i definitely don’t want another one....i feel like the natural progression is trackhawk

and nope im stock besides LMI and muff delete this thing is plenty fun as is lol 8k miles and all smiles

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love my car and as fun as it is to go sideways when mashing it in 2nd gear.....not being able to put the power down to the ground gets old after a while.
I got my 'Hawk as a winter version of the 'Cat, something fun to drive while the 'Cat hibernates.

Okay, so the engine is the same, but that's about where the similarities end, I think. The extra weight was what I noticed first, both in curves and 60-120 runs (haven't tried a 0-60 yet).
I much prefer the ride quality of the 'Cat, and like being able to go a bit sideways whenever I feel like it.
There are numerous other differences between the two, of course, but for the very most part I prefer the 'Cat.

How they look is obviously subjective, and this is where the Challenger really shines, I think.
The 'Hawk looks like any other SUV, but to me that's the beauty of it. Nobody expects the little 'wagon to get up and go like it does. Both cars are debadged, by the way.
If I could only have one, I'd take the 'Cat. But if I could only have one and had to drive it in snow, I'd take the 'Hawk, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my 'Hawk as a winter version of the 'Cat, something fun to drive while the 'Cat hibernates.

Okay, so the engine is the same, but that's about where the similarities end, I think. The extra weight was what I noticed first, both in curves and 60-120 runs (haven't tried a 0-60 yet).
I much prefer the ride quality of the 'Cat, and like being able to go a bit sideways whenever I feel like it.
There are numerous other differences between the two, of course, but for the very most part I prefer the 'Cat.

How they look is obviously subjective, and this is where the Challenger really shines, I think.
The 'Hawk looks like any other SUV, but to me that's the beauty of it. Nobody expects the little 'wagon to get up and go like it does. Both cars are debadged, by the way.
If I could only have one, I'd take the 'Cat. But if I could only have one and had to drive it in snow, I'd take the 'Hawk, if that makes sense.
Man, being able to own both is a wonderful problem to have....unfortunately my wallet doesn't extend that far LOL it's gonna be one or the other for me. I miss having/driving a truck but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice speed which is why I'm leaning towards the hawk. I can't say many negative things about the cat though that's how much i like it.

I don't usually test drive cars before i buy them, but i think in this case a trackhawk test drive makes sense. I appreciate your perspective, thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't usually test drive cars before i buy them, but i think in this case a trackhawk test drive makes sense. I appreciate your perspective, thanks!
No test drives for me, either. Normally I've only seen photos of vehicles before buying. After all, they are built to be driven by regular people, so how far off can they possibly be?

But now I'm curious to see what your impressions are after driving a 'Hawk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was in the same position recently. Wanted to supplement my Gen IV Viper coupe with a fun family vehicle that would take place of my Nissan Armada and my Focus RS.

Looked at and test drove the GLE63S AMG, X5M, and 2 Trackhawks. The Hawk won due to insane power, plenty or character, and sleeper nature... to an average Joe. And I can drive the **** out of it during our terrible MN winters, while wearing snows. The AMG was a close second, but I can’t force myself to own a reich chariot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts