Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Word of advice. Protect the TH once you get it. Mine was just stolen 4 days ago from the front of my house. They use key fob readers and replicators. Keep your key inside a faraway led box; that might not be enough. Add a club to the wheel, an alarm, and a standalone tracker. Good luck.

Mopar knows how easy these cars are to steal and isn't doing anything about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m sure the fob readers are a thing…but if I were a betting man I’d say most of these thefts, especially from the front of a house, is via tow truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No tow truck used. I have them on video using a device that looks like a large iPad and a signal reader. They break the back window, tap into the OB2 sensor, and tap into the ECU - start it and drive away. Four other SRT powered cars were stolen, driven away at Mia Airport.

Its too easy for them. Just be extra careful. It's a matter of time for all of us TH owners. Sucks, but reality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No tow truck used. I have them on video using a device that looks like a large iPad and a signal reader. They break the back window, tap into the OB2 sensor, and tap into the ECU - start it and drive away. Four other SRT powered cars were stolen, driven away at Mia Airport.

Its too easy for them. Just be extra careful. It's a matter of time for all of us TH owners. Sucks, but reality.
Yep, that's how my Durango Hellcat was stolen when I was out of town. The thieves rolled up, cloned my key, and drove away all within a few minutes.

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
Put a kill switch directly to the starter. I live in the northeast and there’s usually 10-20 hawks for sale at any given time in this area. I’ve seen some nice ones on eBay motors. Sadly right now it’s a seller’s market

·
Registered
141 Posts

Any way you could post that vid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put a kill switch directly to the starter. I live in the northeast and there’s usually 10-20 hawks for sale at any given time in this area. I’ve seen some nice ones on eBay motors. Sadly right now it’s a seller’s market

1 - 11 of 11 Posts