Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is a loose rotor normal? Or one with a bit of slack?

I can shake it back & forth a little bit and it doesn’t seem normal to me. The rotor is not firm against the axel.

***Forgot to state I’m swapping brake pads and noticed it wobbles back and forth once I removed the brake pads. I’m a rookie with this type of stuff, so apologies if it’s supposed to be like this hah.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes the wheel is what holds the rotor tight against the hub. Install 2 lug nuts to hold down rotor, without wheel, if it is loose now you might have bad wheel bearing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the wheel is what holds the rotor tight against the hub. Install 2 lug nuts to hold down rotor, without wheel, if it is loose now you might have bad wheel bearing.
Thanks! Just checked and I think it’s good. Other side was a little loose as well, but once the pads are in the rotor is fairly firm. Did some research and I guess a “wheel tick” was an issue for SRT’s, so I’ll be on the lookout and make sure I don’t hear or feel anything off.

This is my first time installing breaks of this kind so I have no idea of what I’m doing lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm pretty sure our rotors are the high performance floating type. The actual rotor floats on the hat.

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
The lugnuts are what hold the rotor tight against the hub. If the wheel is off and you don’t have any lug nuts on, then it’s going to feel loose and wobbly because the only thing keeping it from coming off is the caliper is still in place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is a loose rotor normal? Or one with a bit of slack?

I can shake it back & forth a little bit and it doesn’t seem normal to me. The rotor is not firm against the axel.

***Forgot to state I’m swapping brake pads and noticed it wobbles back and forth once I removed the brake pads. I’m a rookie with this type of stuff, so apologies if it’s supposed to be like this hah.

Thanks!
What pads did you go with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts