Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we able to remove the lower middle grill without removing the whole bumper cover?
I want to install an emblem, possibly driving light and tow hook.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am not sure. I believe the Export models have a tow hook provision, that would explain the circular part in the right side. THis is required overseas, but I couldn't find any part number info for one though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on buying the tow hook for a Camaro or Corvette and fab up a bracket then mount it to the factory threaded holes.
I was hoping for access either thru the grill or from the bottom. I wasn't interested in pulling off the whole bumper cover if I don't have too...

·
Registered
655 Posts
I always want better long-range lights in my cars.

But, most new cars are packaged way too tight up front to give you much space to mount anything without it looking horrible.

I'd love to know a specific method of mounting a pair of killer HIDs in the lower grille of the TH that doesn't block any airflow to the coolers, etc.

Reactions: Face

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm with you Black Track. I put on a pair of Whelan driving lights on my Raptor, huge difference at night on dark highways. My night vision ain't what it used to be!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hawkeye, please post a pix of your Raptor with those lights.

I'm like you in the diminished night vision department. The more lumens, the better.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks for the pix. The lights look great.

Very nice that the Raptor has the perfect areas to mount them.

On the TH, not so sure...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone figure out how to get it off? I popped off the surround for the adaptive cruise control sensor and reached past it to get through. But, not far enough.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone figure out how to get it off? I popped off the surround for the adaptive cruise control sensor and reached past it to get through. But, not far enough.....
I just installed a SRT hellcat front grille emblem on my Trackhawk tonight. I removed the ACC sensor cover and was able to get my arm in there without bumping the sensor. My forearm was just small enough to do this without hurting too much. If your forearm is too big, just find a smaller friend to help. ;)

To answer your question, the lower grille is screwed to the bumper from the inside. It appears one would have to remove the bumper cover to remove it.

I know, I have some bugs on my nose. Lol!

Attachments

Reactions: Quicksilver

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was planning on buying the tow hook for a Camaro or Corvette and fab up a bracket then mount it to the factory threaded holes.
I was hoping for access either thru the grill or from the bottom. I wasn't interested in pulling off the whole bumper cover if I don't have too...
Don't order the factory Corvette hook. We don't even get them in North America. There are plenty of aftermarket options that look better and cost less.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts