Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys who have had Lowering Springs installed please let me know what type; Eibach or Mopar, etc?
Also, how much did it lower in the Front and Rear, I know Eibach has a couple different heights.
I’m only looking to lower @ 1”-1.5” front and rear.
Please include Pic’s!
Thanks Much Appreciated

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
343 Posts
Here's a picture with Eibach lowering springs, front 31" & rear 31 1/8" ground to bottom of fender flare. I've heard Mopar rear springs don't have enough tension to keep from squatting on launch??? they are made for the SRT. With OEM tires.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
86 Posts
I installed mine in June, 2019. I measured before and after on the day they were installed. The front was dropped 3/4" and the rear dropped just under 2" (~31/16"), which equated to the front sitting 1/8" lower than the rears after installation. I re-measured today and the front is still exactly 1/8" lower than the rear. I guess the springs have settled evenly.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Guys who have had Lowering Springs installed please let me know what type; Eibach or Mopar?
Also, how much did it lower in the Front and Rear, I know Eibach has a couple different heights.
I’m only looking to lower @ 1” front and rear.
Please include Pic’s!
Thanks Much Appreciated
Go with Eibach's.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adamkc, Can you tell me which Springs you had installed?
Eibach has a few different sets. If you guys can tell me which set or the manufactures listed drop height? Also, if anyone has heard of or have Swift Springs, would Appreciate feedback?
Thanks Much Guys

·
Registered
432 Posts
Adamkc, Can you tell me which Springs you had installed?
Eibach has a few different sets. If you guys can tell me which set or the manufactures listed drop height? Also, if anyone has heard of or have Swift Springs, would Appreciate feedback?
Thanks Much Guys
Eibach Pro Kit. I would just stick with Eibachs and not worry about the other brands. Eibach has been around a long time and this is what they do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Adamkc, sorry one last question. I see you have 22’s, Just want to ask if what size tires and if those are Pirelli’s?
Disregard, I see you have the 305/35-22’s.
I didn’t go with the Pirelli’s, they just didn’t last very long

·
Registered
432 Posts
Adamkc, sorry one last question. I see you have 22’s, Just want to ask if what size tires and if those are Pirelli’s?
Disregard, I see you have the 305/35-22’s.
I didn’t go with the Pirelli’s, they just didn’t last very long
Yes, I have 305/35R22's which only provides a few options when it comes to rubber. Unfortunately nothing lasts long if you drive like I do :) You'll quickly find out that you'll be a spirited driver in no time - it's just tons of fun. I get 15K miles out of my tires and I'm ok with that. I use the Pirelli's in the winter as I'm in Kansas and we do get snow. I switch to Michelin Super Sports in the summer which is a fantastic summer tire for this beast. Plus they come with a 30K mile warranty which is pretty unheard-of for a tire like this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, Michelin super sport are a great tire. Went with Toyo Proxes last time, decent all season tire. Just didn’t want to go back and forth with winter and summer tires here I need Mi. And yes I certainly went through my ZR1 Rears rather quickly

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Left rear only as far as I know
That is the spot. I think the left rear inner fender well is spot welded in wrong at the factory. I saw this misalignment when I installed my BWoody kit on mine and 2 others I've seen. A notch had to be trimmed on the left but not of the right to give the upper radius arm clearance. A new liner, rerouting of the hoses and a few zip ties get it out of the way.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That is the spot. I think the left rear inner fender well is spot welded in wrong at the factory. I saw this misalignment when I installed my BWoody kit on mine and 2 others I've seen. A notch had to be trimmed on the left but not of the right to give the upper radius arm clearance. A new liner, rerouting of the hoses and a few zip ties get it out of the way.
Yea I've done all that a while back, noticed the rubbing after Bwoody install. Trimmed inner quarter panels on both sides. Had been having problems fueling up at certain station, when it threw the EVAP code bought new fender liner and fill tube which had plastic hard line, which was zip tied wrong to metal fill line. Totally re-routed plastic line behind fill line and just a couple weeks ago had to remove wheels to grease rear suspension, no sign of rubbing at all. Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Tire Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle tire
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Wood Bicycle part
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

1 - 20 of 53 Posts