Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else consider doing this on their hawk....

Just dropped mine off today, will be gone for at least 3 weeks....

Throwing e85, magnuson 2650, triple fuel pump, 1300 injectors.......

Do you guys think i should add an interchiller? Everyone think its worth it?

Also have Outlaw axles on the way... a new set of front stock axles that i am sending out to be beefed up... and drag tires =D

Cant wait for the results!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Finally, I've been waiting for some feedback on this blower with this platform. So far I've only seen the same numbers that we can make with the oem blower. I think Curt D. formerly with Injected Engineering has made 904 awhp on a mustang dyno at 23psi.

These blowers should run cooler and make safer high boost numbers, but I've been back n forth between that or just going with a Livernois package.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Anyone else consider doing this on their hawk....

Just dropped mine off today, will be gone for at least 3 weeks....

Throwing e85, magnuson 2650, triple fuel pump, 1300 injectors.......

Do you guys think i should add an interchiller? Everyone think its worth it?

Also have Outlaw axles on the way... a new set of front stock axles that i am sending out to be beefed up... and drag tires =D

Cant wait for the results!
Yes I looked into going with it and figured I am not taking my motor apart so it wasnt worth it to me. your gonna have to much power that stock motor cant take it. So I was told at least. the 1025 kit isnt that much less then I can buy the 2650 for but the ease of use was in the kit.

I guess we will see what kinda power the motor can take now. cant wait to see what you come up with. whos doing install and tune Jokers?

the 2650 isnt gonna come close to the heat our stock blowers make turned up to the max. I dont know how far you are turning up the 2650? or do I know anyone that has without NOS so cant say if interchiller is good for you. I would assume yes but no clue really.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Finally, I've been waiting for some feedback on this blower with this platform. So far I've only seen the same numbers that we can make with the oem blower. I think Curt D. formerly with Injected Engineering has made 904 awhp on a mustang dyno at 23psi.

These blowers should run cooler and make safer high boost numbers, but I've been back n forth between that or just going with a Livernois package.
for me the 1025 package made more sense but if you want to be the fastest the 2650 is what you need to start with. the proven easy 1025 kit was just to easy and its my DD so I cant take chances with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
for me the 1025 package made more sense but if you want to be the fastest the 2650 is what you need to start with. the proven easy 1025 kit was just to easy and its my DD so I cant take chances with it.
The 2650 at 23psi made 904hp on a mustang dyno at 23psi, You got 2 more psi to go before getting into head lifting territory.

There are people with Hellcats making over 1k hp on oem 6.2l with zero issue but of course with bigger blowers. What Im saying is that before you can even spin the 2650 hard enough to worry about building the engine, you will have to worry about the head gaskets first.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
The 2650 at 23psi made 904hp on a mustang dyno at 23psi, You got 2 more psi to go before getting into head lifting territory.

There are people with Hellcats making over 1k hp on oem 6.2l with zero issue but of course with bigger blowers. What Im saying is that before you can even spin the 2650 hard enough to worry about building the engine, you will have to worry about the head gaskets first.
you have to worrie about all kinds of stuff was my point. it was to much for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you have to worrie about all kinds of stuff was my point. it was to much for me.
I understand, but keep in mind that anytime you mod such an expensive vehicle that far out of it's origional oem specs wether it be with 2650, 4.5l, or even a Livernois package you will still and always have all kinds of stuff to worry about right down to the purity of every tank of gas.

My wife gave me the best advise one day, she said if you don't want to have worries, leave it alone.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I understand, but keep in mind that anytime you mod such an expensive vehicle that far out of it's origional oem specs wether it be with 2650, 4.5l, or even a Livernois package you will still and always have all kinds of stuff to worry about right down to the purity of every tank of gas.

My wife gave me the best advise one day, she said if you don't want to have worries, leave it alone.
lol sounds like my wife.
I have zero worries with my 1025 kit honestly. thats the reason I went with it. there was to much drama for the 2650 trust me wanted it bad (have the Heart Beat on an Impala). John has more cars then I have underwear so he can tear it down and do whats needed. I cant do that personally I cant afford that and dont have the time to let it get built.
But I will live through him and watch it go.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lol sounds like my wife.
I have zero worries with my 1025 kit honestly. thats the reason I went with it. there was to much drama for the 2650 trust me wanted it bad (have the Heart Beat on an Impala). John has more cars then I have underwear so he can tear it down and do whats needed. I cant do that personally I cant afford that and dont have the time to let it get built.
But I will live through him and watch it go.
Lol, I hear ya on that!

It's the 2650 or Livernois s1150 package, I'm torn and waiting for info on a price for the kit. Still might wait till next yr to see if anything new pops up. It's like phones, I buy 2.65l supercharger then 6mo later a 3.0 comes out for almost the same price! Or I get the 1150 package and the 1350 package pops up for only a couple grand more lol.

I'd like to see more out there and lots more data on either before pulling the trigger but from what I see Livernois is hard to beat!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Livernois has multiple packages not listed on their site. S1025 plus cams n heads n nitrous etc. Demon is working on a twin turbskie package if u wanna get silly.
For me personally, not interested in a race brick, I would build a tin can for that. However for the people like I looking for that unbelievable, indescribable, scare the crap out of your passenger by giving them feelings they don't yet understand, Jaw dropping the on lookers and my favorite catch that fool that thought he was fast and all on the way home from the grocery store that's for me.

A magnuson 2650 or Livernois s1150 package should get me there, anymore than that would ruin the Trackhawks best attributes. If I need more than that then it would seem that I mistakenly picked the wrong vehicle to turn into a race car.

What Demon is doing is pioneering, making money and trying to defy the laws of physics. Will they pull it off, probably especially if Skip puts his foot in it. That's a whole new world my wallet isn't yet ready to be apart of :wink2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok ill try to answer everyone...... The Blower cost 6k.... You guys can call around and get quotes... Magnuson is giving me a small discount because i bought two 2650's (One for my corvette as well)

Yes at this high HP range anything can go wrong and I plan for it to go wrong... I also hope nothing goes wrong...

The F1 interchiller is on order and will be part of the build... Along with triple pumps... e85

Tune Time Performance in Lakewood NJ is doing the installation and tuning. They are very comfortable for the magnuson platform....

Can the stock motor take it? They have a hellcat with this blower running low 9s... no problems... But we will see....

I think i answered everything.... I also have a couple other cars to drive around if things go bad with this.... I also have 4 axles on the way..... A second driveshaft being made.... along with a slew of other parts that i cant remember... This is my third and almost final build of the year so i def forget things sometimes....

Ill keep you guys in the loop but ill throw up more info on my ig at Johnwgw..... Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Ok ill try to answer everyone...... The Blower cost 6k.... You guys can call around and get quotes... Magnuson is giving me a small discount because i bought two 2650's (One for my corvette as well)

Yes at this high HP range anything can go wrong and I plan for it to go wrong... I also hope nothing goes wrong...

The F1 interchiller is on order and will be part of the build... Along with triple pumps... e85

Tune Time Performance in Lakewood NJ is doing the installation and tuning. They are very comfortable for the magnuson platform....

Can the stock motor take it? They have a hellcat with this blower running low 9s... no problems... But we will see....

I think i answered everything.... I also have a couple other cars to drive around if things go bad with this.... I also have 4 axles on the way..... A second driveshaft being made.... along with a slew of other parts that i cant remember... This is my third and almost final build of the year so i def forget things sometimes....

Ill keep you guys in the loop but ill throw up more info on my ig at Johnwgw..... Thanks!
Ok the 6K was just a number thrown out but I do get it at cost. I bought the Heart Beat and 1 month later the 2650 came out lol sucked but oh well so I never got an actual price. Dont take it as me trying to talk smack its not like that at all. I was trying to make a point that I can get the 2650 for the same cost as the 1025 package but I am not upto the task of making it all work, Money or time wise.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
If 1k hp is enough for you then I’d just go with livernois or one of the other guys package deals. If you need help lighting money on fire in the quest for more HP, there’s no shortage of people that can do that too. Good luck on your build.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts