Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Magnuson 2650

28K views 129 replies 14 participants last post by  JohnWGW 
#1 ·
Anyone else consider doing this on their hawk....

Just dropped mine off today, will be gone for at least 3 weeks....

Throwing e85, magnuson 2650, triple fuel pump, 1300 injectors.......

Do you guys think i should add an interchiller? Everyone think its worth it?

Also have Outlaw axles on the way... a new set of front stock axles that i am sending out to be beefed up... and drag tires =D

Cant wait for the results!

#4 ·
Finally, I've been waiting for some feedback on this blower with this platform. So far I've only seen the same numbers that we can make with the oem blower. I think Curt D. formerly with Injected Engineering has made 904 awhp on a mustang dyno at 23psi.

These blowers should run cooler and make safer high boost numbers, but I've been back n forth between that or just going with a Livernois package.

#10 ·
you have to worrie about all kinds of stuff was my point. it was to much for me.
I understand, but keep in mind that anytime you mod such an expensive vehicle that far out of it's origional oem specs wether it be with 2650, 4.5l, or even a Livernois package you will still and always have all kinds of stuff to worry about right down to the purity of every tank of gas.

My wife gave me the best advise one day, she said if you don't want to have worries, leave it alone.

#12 ·
I understand, but keep in mind that anytime you mod such an expensive vehicle that far out of it's origional oem specs wether it be with 2650, 4.5l, or even a Livernois package you will still and always have all kinds of stuff to worry about right down to the purity of every tank of gas.

My wife gave me the best advise one day, she said if you don't want to have worries, leave it alone.
lol sounds like my wife.
I have zero worries with my 1025 kit honestly. thats the reason I went with it. there was to much drama for the 2650 trust me wanted it bad (have the Heart Beat on an Impala). John has more cars then I have underwear so he can tear it down and do whats needed. I cant do that personally I cant afford that and dont have the time to let it get built.
But I will live through him and watch it go.

#5 ·
Yes I looked into going with it and figured I am not taking my motor apart so it wasnt worth it to me. your gonna have to much power that stock motor cant take it. So I was told at least. the 1025 kit isnt that much less then I can buy the 2650 for but the ease of use was in the kit.

I guess we will see what kinda power the motor can take now. cant wait to see what you come up with. whos doing install and tune Jokers?

the 2650 isnt gonna come close to the heat our stock blowers make turned up to the max. I dont know how far you are turning up the 2650? or do I know anyone that has without NOS so cant say if interchiller is good for you. I would assume yes but no clue really.

#15 ·
For me personally, not interested in a race brick, I would build a tin can for that. However for the people like I looking for that unbelievable, indescribable, scare the crap out of your passenger by giving them feelings they don't yet understand, Jaw dropping the on lookers and my favorite catch that fool that thought he was fast and all on the way home from the grocery store that's for me.

A magnuson 2650 or Livernois s1150 package should get me there, anymore than that would ruin the Trackhawks best attributes. If I need more than that then it would seem that I mistakenly picked the wrong vehicle to turn into a race car.

What Demon is doing is pioneering, making money and trying to defy the laws of physics. Will they pull it off, probably especially if Skip puts his foot in it. That's a whole new world my wallet isn't yet ready to be apart of :wink2:

#17 ·
Ok ill try to answer everyone...... The Blower cost 6k.... You guys can call around and get quotes... Magnuson is giving me a small discount because i bought two 2650's (One for my corvette as well)

Yes at this high HP range anything can go wrong and I plan for it to go wrong... I also hope nothing goes wrong...

The F1 interchiller is on order and will be part of the build... Along with triple pumps... e85

Tune Time Performance in Lakewood NJ is doing the installation and tuning. They are very comfortable for the magnuson platform....

Can the stock motor take it? They have a hellcat with this blower running low 9s... no problems... But we will see....

I think i answered everything.... I also have a couple other cars to drive around if things go bad with this.... I also have 4 axles on the way..... A second driveshaft being made.... along with a slew of other parts that i cant remember... This is my third and almost final build of the year so i def forget things sometimes....

Ill keep you guys in the loop but ill throw up more info on my ig at Johnwgw..... Thanks!

#19 ·
Ok the 6K was just a number thrown out but I do get it at cost. I bought the Heart Beat and 1 month later the 2650 came out lol sucked but oh well so I never got an actual price. Dont take it as me trying to talk smack its not like that at all. I was trying to make a point that I can get the 2650 for the same cost as the 1025 package but I am not upto the task of making it all work, Money or time wise.

#21 ·
If you have the money and the ability or shop to do the work specially the tuning you cant beat the 2650. all the other kits are limited to the size of our stock SC. I can and never will tell anyone how far to mod their own car or truck so I wont say the S1150 is enough but **** that a lot of power already, lol
It will be fun to watch you and JohnWGW push the limits.

#34 ·
Very cool that you guys have other fast cars and glad to hear I'm not the only one with the obsession. LOL

I also have an S2000 that I bought new in 2003 and became one of the first to boost it back in the day. Even held the record for the highest whp on the stock block at over 800. Still have it, a garage queen that only has 16k miles and still smells new, yet it is quite modded now. Pushing over 1000 whp now with an Inline Pro Jeremy Allen built F20c reving to 10,500 rpm, RPM/Gforce built T56 trans, Ford Super 8.8 diff, DSS axles and carbon fiber driveshaft, AEM Infinity 6 and a Precision 6870 turbo. This car is my pure pride and joy and will be with me forever.

Love hearing what you are doing with the TH and can't wait to see how it ends up with the new blower.

#36 ·
You might want to hold off on Livernois, I’m waiting several weeks for a laptop to flash the TCM that I’d specifically asked them if there was a wait for n was told 1 week, now on week 4. Another member can’t seem to get a return email about his tune.

#44 ·
Well it looks like the flex fuel tune that Curt does uses a 3.1 pulley. Livernois uses the 2.85 pulley, and so far seem to be having great success. The trans tuning thing sucks having to wait so long, but I can skip that by heading straight to their shop and look them in the eye while I get my truck worked on. We'll have to see, maybe I'll hold out a little longer to see what else turns up.

I would love the 1150 package, but man, I could buy a brand new car for what that costs lol.

#45 ·
Hey guys,

Finally got back from vacation, and house hunting.... I expected the trackhawk to be done.... But alas, it will need a few more days. Having trouble finding the best way to route the ice box.

Should be running by this weekend... and should be dialed in in a few weeks!

Ill be renting a track out in NJ, sometime in oct when we have better DA/s to see what the truck can really do... Keep your eyes out... Ill deff be posting videos and such in the upcoming days.

#47 ·
Nah no house yet... Looking in vero beach (By disneys beach property)

If you do go do disney hit me up... I go like 4-5 times a year and am a DVC member so i can help you out on where to stay and such!

2650 is up and running.... Trying to get a little more chop out of the comp cam.... Hopefully i can driver her this weekend and then we can keep ironing out the tune......

Renting ATCO raceway out at the end of october to run all 4 of my cars! Will keep everyone posted... I did get a little sneak peak of the icebox mounting.... Looks like they did a great job!

#49 ·
These THawks are getting crazy, no more wk2 bashing from the wk1 guys lol. Crazy thing is that it's all being done on blowers. That one Curt Dusterhoff tunes in NY is going for 8's, I can't imagine what's going to happen when people start going twin turbo on these!

Wk2 is actually catching up to the wk1's, only a matter of time!

Props to Op and everyone else pushing the platform, my wallet stands in the shallow end of the pool, I'll continue to watch and emotionally support the deep divers out there! lol

#50 ·
LOL I am with you. I cant afford the big boy toys. well I might be able to afford it but if it goes bad I cant afford that. John can and is willing to push so like you I will live thru him lol.
what are the WK1s running? Taking off the SC and adding Turbos is just crazy waste of cash to me. of coarse if I had the cash maybe I would do it. I guess its all relative

#62 ·
I was planning on buying the Zora version when it comes out. A friend of mine told me to wait a couple of model years or so as they will have an AWD version out utilizing electric motor(s) for the front axles.
I believe this will help keep it in line with other imported super performance vehicles which employee AWD drivetrains.

#63 ·
Yea i have heard that as well.... If they come out with a twin turbo version.... no way ill be able to hold off haha. I love turbos! (and superchargers) AWD is pretty cool, but not the most SUPER important thing to me....Obv the longer you wait the better the stuff is... I dont know how long i will be able to hold out....

Lets see how long my trackhawk motor lasts with the 2650 on it, and that might help determine when the c8 is bought as well..... Although that gt500 is verrrrryyy tempting lol.

#66 ·
**** that sucks I have lost my dad and it is not something fun thats for sure.
I was just telling Lil Hemi the other day mod your TH if thats what you want you might not be here tomorrow live for today. of coarse he went full nuts. dont dare him to do anything cuz he will do it,lol

I wish I was closer to you Id love to see all 3 of your race cars go down the strip. Im so curious how much faster the Th will be with the maggie. I hope I dont regret my choice of not doing it,lol
get lots of pictures for us and be safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.