Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any clue why I'm suddenly making no boost, I was getting 2 errors on the dash both which were P2122 and P2127 which have something to do with accelerator pedal sensor, switched it out and still getting no boost while full throttle, odd thing was that it randomly started giving boost for 1 full day. Parked the car overnight and suddenly back to no boost on throttle. Very confusing no clue where to start from on trouble shooting.

Thank you for any help

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should specify I am not stock, have a couple bolt ons and tune including:
E85 Tune, 180 termo, Catback Exhaust, Headers, 2.85" pulley, ATI Harmonic Damper 10% over drink w/ pinned crank shat, 1300cc injectors and upgraded spark plugs

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Have you tried a relearn of the throttle position? What tuning device do you use? If it's HP, you should be able to log TPS voltage and input to verify.

Reactions: MonsterJL

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wondering if your boost bypass is not closing as this would prevent boost from building. It is a small electric throttle body from a 4cyl Mopar vehicle that the drive motor could fail and the supercharger would be in bypass mode all the time hence not making any boost.

It works just like your main throttle body but I do not know what parameter you would data log to record the bypass valve closing percentage to see if it is working or not.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Wondering if your boost bypass is not closing as this would prevent boost from building. It is a small electric throttle body from a 4cyl Mopar vehicle that the drive motor could fail and the supercharger would be in bypass mode all the time hence not making any boost.

It works just like your main throttle body but I do not know what parameter you would data log to record the bypass valve closing percentage to see if it is working or not.
I'm at work right now so I cant access my HP Tuners but I was just researching this. I'll get back later on tonight with the answer, but there's a voltage table to reference. It's something like 4.5 volts open then you are looking for a drop during WOT. More to come later on with the name and values.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So there is some suspension of it being the clutch of the upper pulley not engaging or something along those lines. What are your guys thoughts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would definitely recommend removing and inspecting the blower internals, upper pulley clutch and blower rotors. I also read your crank was pinned, so no chance the lower pulley is spinning on the crank? Bypass valve stuck open?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agree, pull the supercharger belt and spin the pulley by hand, you can tell by spinning the pulley if it is turning the rotors or not.

Under throttle do you still hear the whine of the supercharger when driving?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree, pull the supercharger belt and spin the pulley by hand, you can tell by spinning the pulley if it is turning the rotors or not.

Under throttle do you still hear the whine of the supercharger when driving?
nope no whine of SC while throtlle its completely disengaged

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Sorry, I've been super busy. Haven't been able to get to my HP tuners (just got to work and saw this thread as a reminder) Were you able to log anything for the bypass valve?

If you haven't already, pull the belt like mentioned and see if you can feel resistance while spinning the pulley. If you rock the pulley back and forth clockwise to counterclockwise, you should feel the lash from the SC gears. Worst case...pull the lid off and you can see the rotors move then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts