Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway to make lift gate manual? Going kayaking in Isle Royale. As you can see, I don’t want this thing going all the way up…

without the strap of course…

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. Where the **** is everyone? Granted I’m not a super user but thought for sure someone would have responded. Well, the answer to the question seems to be keep fucking with the mechanism to prevent a hit and it eventually gives up and allows manual movements.

I am in copper harbor MI. Apparently the big car show is next weekend-which is when I return from ISRO.

I’m thinking about entering her in with a 17’ kayak on the top. Talk about capable/versatile 707HP. Do that in a fucking Porsche or corvette. **** yeah.

Long live the Hawk!

Doc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the language. I’m a bit passionate right now. Guess I put too much faith in the auto censor.

Long live the Hawk!

T.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Good luck Bro! It is a bit dead on weekends around here. I mostly check in here at work.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Probably best bet is to pull the fuse for the power gate
No, he’s right. You can just grab ahold of it during travel and it will stop, let you position it wherever you like and it will stay there when you let go. Press the button to close (I think)

·
Registered
318 Posts
to open manually squeeze the trunk handle pad and it will open, squeeze it one more time it will stop from further travel up. to Close you have to manually close the trunk unless it is all the way up. the button inside the trunk area wont close the trunk unless its all the way up. anything less than that you have to use your muscles to close the trunk yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts