Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the safe maximum boost that can be used on a TH tuned for 93 octane fuel? I seek boost information from TH owners whose TH's have been tuned with 93 octane. I am contemplating using the new Hellraiser clutched pulley which achieves a maximum boost of around 16 lbs. Also, it is my understanding that at 16 lbs of boost on 93 octane fuel, timing would need to be pulled. Not sure why though. Any help in answering these questions would be appreciated and informative to readers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Darthcharger,
You are correct. You will need to have your tune modified to reduce part throttle and WOT timing. We have several Trackhawks running an ATI lower and 2.85 upper producing slightly more boost than than your target of 16psi that run on 93 octane. We were also involved from a tuning perspective with some of the initial testing on the Hellraiser pulley on a Hellcat earlier this year for a shop that we remote tune for in Canada. In this case the test car also had an ATI 10% overdrive lower along with the Hellraiser upper and made just shy of 18psi. We did a 93 octane tune and a race fuel tune for that customer.
Hopefully that answers some of your questions and if not shoot me an email and I will try to provide whatever information I can.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darthcharger,
You are correct. You will need to have your tune modified to reduce part throttle and WOT timing. We have several Trackhawks running an ATI lower and 2.85 upper producing slightly more boost than than your target of 16psi that run on 93 octane. We were also involved from a tuning perspective with some of the initial testing on the Hellraiser pulley on a Hellcat earlier this year for a shop that we remote tune for in Canada. In this case the test car also had an ATI 10% overdrive lower along with the Hellraiser upper and made just shy of 18psi. We did a 93 octane tune and a race fuel tune for that customer.
Hopefully that answers some of your questions and if not shoot me an email and I will try to provide whatever information I can.

Thanks Mike for the response. Always best to hear from folks with actual build and tuner experience. My goal and bucket list item is to get in the 10's so will want a conservative tune for safety and longevity of the motor on 93 octane. Of course, I will add other mods such as upgraded injectors, cat delete, thermostat, FI Interchiller, Hellraiser, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Darthcharger,

Mike, delighted to hear you all were involved in the initial testing of the Hellraiser pulley. The build I am contemplating will use an F I Interchiller, the stock lower pulley, upgraded injectors (IDX1050), Hellraiser pulley, Mishimoto 180 stat, catless mid-pipes, stock air box with green filter, and of course the most important part, a safe HP/Diablo tune. Am I missing anything? My bucket list goal is to run 10's in the quarter on 93 octane but will likely get a race gas tune also. Don't want to go e85 or nitrous.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mike, delighted to hear you all were involved in the initial testing of the Hellraiser pulley. The build I am contemplating will use an F I Interchiller, the stock lower pulley, upgraded injectors (IDX1050), Hellraiser pulley, Mishimoto 180 stat, catless mid-pipes, stock air box with green filter, and of course the most important part, a safe HP/Diablo tune. Am I missing anything? My bucket list goal is to run 10's in the quarter on 93 octane but will likely get a race gas tune also. Don't want to go e85 or nitrous.
Thanks
You are on the right track!
We are doing another Hellraiser pulley tune tomorrow. The remote tuning requests for these are starting to trickle in.
You won't need E85 or N2O to go 10's. Your pulley combo and some high octane fuel should get you there. A lower pulley and race fuel will get you deeper into the 10's.

We will be doing a build thread on a customer Trackhawk shortly. We will be starting with stock performance and track testing results followed by stock with a custom OST Dyno tune. We will then be installing a Metco upper and then tuning and testing and eventually the complete OST Dyno "Level 2" kit with testing results on pump gas and race fuel.

Stay tuned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts