Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts
Livernois Motorsports is up there and they have an AWD dyno. Not a fan of their remote tunes but you may have better experience in person.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
You posted as I was typing. Not a fan either, eh?
Their customer service was just horrible. They forgot about me multiple times and then were jerks about it but this was remotely and like you said, maybe he’ll do better in person. While I’m not blaming Livernois, I will say the motor they tuned now has multiple holes in the engine block and I found someone local to fix everything.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts
Their customer service was just horrible. They forgot about me multiple times and then were jerks about it but this was remotely and like you said, maybe he’ll do better in person. While I’m not blaming Livernois, I will say the motor they tuned now has multiple holes in the engine block and I found someone local to fix everything.
Yeah I think their handheld device needs a lot of improvement. Twice, it bricked my PCM because of software faults in it. Had to overnight both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
Yeah I think their handheld device needs a lot of improvement. Twice, it bricked my PCM because of software faults in it. Had to overnight both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then there’s the fact that their tuner runs a hotter spark plug and apparently is the only tuner that “really knows “ about spark plugs because everyone said to run a cooler plug than the wave runner spark plugs Livernois uses. At the end of the day, they lacked professionalism and I won’t do business with them again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not to go against the grain here..... just sharing with the group.

I have had excellent luck and service from Livernois Motorsports running an s1025 tune with their recommended colder spark plugs and smaller plug gap.

Had one of their original "need the laptop sent to you" tunes back when they were first available that worked perfectly. I have since (2 yrs ago) switched to their newer operating system as it has more safeguards built in and because I added more modifications that required a tune adjustment from the base s1025 package.

I am using their MyCalibrator hand held tuner so I can upload tunes myself and have not had any ECM issues.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts
Not to go against the grain here..... just sharing with the group.

I have had excellent luck and service from Livernois Motorsports running an s1025 tune with their recommended colder spark plugs and smaller plug gap.

Had one of their original "need the laptop sent to you" tunes back when they were first available that worked perfectly. I have since (2 yrs ago) switched to their newer operating system as it has more safeguards built in and because I added more modifications that required a tune adjustment from the base s1025 package.

I am using their MyCalibrator hand held tuner so I can upload tunes myself and have not had any ECM issues.
I installed a larger TB and they sent me a new tune with a request for me to perform a pedal relearn through the MyCalibrator. Bricked the PCM as soon as I tapped Pedal Relearn. Andy blamed it on me, stating "I must have tapped the selection right above it". Didn't really argue; sent the PCM to them and they un-bricked it. Got it back a few days later, same thing. This time I was videoing it. Sent it to Andy and now it's a different story. Sent it back again. Received it back a few days later and my TH wasn't running right under WOT. The AF/R was way off at all RPMs and it seemed their Flex Fuel logic wasn't doing well. Switched to ZH Tunes and have been great ever since.

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
I installed a larger TB and they sent me a new tune with a request for me to perform a pedal relearn through the MyCalibrator. Bricked the PCM as soon as I tapped Pedal Relearn. Andy blamed it on me, stating "I must have tapped the selection right above it". Didn't really argue; sent the PCM to them and they un-bricked it. Got it back a few days later, same thing. This time I was videoing it. Sent it to Andy and now it's a different story. Sent it back again. Received it back a few days later and my TH wasn't running right under WOT. The AF/R was way off at all RPMs and it seemed their Flex Fuel logic wasn't doing well. Switched to ZH Tunes and have been great ever since.
He blamed you? This is the level of customer service I am talking about. That guy is a tool!

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts
He blamed you? This is the level of customer service I am talking about. That guy is a tool!
Oh yeah. Was super quick to point the finger. Story changed when it happened again.

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago a guy had shipped his TH to them and then drove it back to Florida or something but the engine blew on his way home. Livernois said he must’ve gotten bad gas and that was all they were willing to do about the situation. I had just put their s1025 kit on my jeep when the horror stories started coming out about them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can only share my experience so far which has been positive with Andy and running their flex fuel tuning that I have been impressed with.

I should note that I have no ties to them that influences my opinion just sharing my story with the group.

I have stayed away from changing the throttle body to an aftermarket one as I like the drivability of the OEM TB so I have not had a need to try their TB relearn procedure. I am sorry you had problems when doing so as it would definitely be frustrating hearing your troubles.

I added a CNC ported snout but it was not a noticeable change without SC porting of the bearing plate or switching to a billet aftermarket one to streamline the airflow into the SC rotors. I likey won't bother with a larger TB until I rebuild the SC and add a billet bearing plate. But at that point I will likely ditch my ported snout for a larger SDG snout complimenting a larger TB and billet bearing plate at the same time.

That may be a ways off though as the Hawk is an occasional sunny day toy that doesn't get out each week or need more hp yet as when it does I find it hard to keep the tires from spinning anyway.

Either way glad you found your tuner and keep enjoying your Hawks guys as mine makes me smile every time I drive it and hear that SC whine. 😄

1 - 14 of 14 Posts