Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head of the Jeep brand, Mr. Mike Manley, firstly, has said that the Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk will launch sometime around next September in the U.S. The Jeep will be shown at the New York Auto Show in April of next year as well.

When asked if the TrackHawk would be replacing the SRT8, Manley states that there is "space for both"
“I don’t see any reason to stop our current Grand Cherokee SRT just because we’ve launched the Trackhawk, because they’re going to be very different vehicles.”

“With Grand Cherokee, we have built up for a long time, that concept of capability at the two bookends — one: capability off-road, two: capability in terms of on-road performance,” he said. “I like that with Grand Cherokee.”
-Mike Manley

I can't wait until the New York Auto Show :surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
134 Posts
The SRT Cherokee probably has a better suspension tuned so that it's capable of doing both on-road/off-road performance effectively.

The Trackhawk, I can imagine has slicker tires for grip on the road, a tighter suspension to hold it down, which are both unsuitable for off-roading.

They both make phenomenal numbers in the low-end torque range but I think it comes down to the suspension/equipment that sets them apart.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Long way out from now but what i will be on the look out for is when we`ll be able to place orders and by my guess that should be right when it launches at the New York Show. Wouldn't mind putting down a $5k+ deposit.

After that point it will be time to speak to your dealers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you'll have the opportunity to do it at the show with one of the reps there. But worst case, day after the show, like you said straight to the dealers.

I'm not familiar with what the transition time is with in regards to reaching the Aussie shores, how long does it usually take in reference to past experiences with vehicles ?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Even at dealers right now that should be possible, even if its just to get you on a contact list, where once the order process opens up they contact you right away. No sales person would refuse that. The only thing is that early into the process there's not much they can promise or give you, it's just a spot in line.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much. That being said you have nothing to really lose at all either. Even if when time comes closer you put a deposit down, it's usually a refundable deposit so it's all good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. The Hellcats when they first came out, dealers were varying the deposits they required. Some dealerships tried to screw people and told them they needed to put down a $10k deposit while others took a $500 deposit. It was shifting quite a bit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update, New York Auto Show is approaching in less than 2 months. Trackhawk launch date is set for July 2017. Less official sources say it will arrive as a 2018 model.

6.2L V8 supercharged
TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic
4WD system believed to be from a prototype Ram model

Brace yourselves... the storm is approaching ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wouldn't it need to be from August (8th month) in order for it to be a 2018 model? As in production date stamped 08/17 for it to be 2018.

Nonetheless, the TRX concept only produced 575hp. Hopefully they took that 4WD system, beefed it up more, and upped the horsepower closer to that 700 mark at least.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's official! Being released at NY!

TFLcar Roman Micah interviewed Mike Manley... Video is up on tflcar and YouTube.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looked up the Dates and first public day of the show is April 14, so a coupe days before that we should finally get to see it in full.
With all that's been happening (spy shots) its no surprise that New York is where the debut will happen.

Following the debut we should see an increase of deposits happening, even if its just the dealers list and not in an official cue.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After the debut I guarantee the dealer deposits will spike significantly. Has anyone contacted their dealers yet though in regards to trying to place a deposit? I'm also hoping to see a live-feed of the launch as well!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts