Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All those out there with modified TH's did you do any modifications to the drivetrain? Axles, driveshafts, transfer case, etc. I'm building a motor and am wondering if I'm going to start breaking other components.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
I’m not aware of an upgraded t case being available at this point, there is at least one guy on upgraded axles, has a YouTube channel, stangkiller I think is his name. I’ve only heard of one guy breaking an axle, he’s modified on drag radials and it happened at the track. I guess it depends how hard you are going to push it but I’d ask the tuners on here n see what they say but the stock drivetrain is pretty beefy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It seems to me that the drivetrain isn't beefy enough to even handle the factory power otherwise why would they come stock with the millisecond fuel shut off at WOT ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you tune the trans, it can handle big power. Hellcat and demon guys have proven that.

Axels ... you hop it real bad, you’ll snap them. Even after market axels can/will break. More than a few guys have busted them. Srtninja on IG just busted his. He has video game n his channel of when he broke them. The hop is brutal. Axle life is all in the launch. Aftermarket axels are just hitting the shelves.

Transfer case... that is the big question with this truck. There are no proven upgrades rebuilds. Best bet it to beat on it in track mode only to limit the power going thru it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the input. If I do go to the track, it'll just be for fun, nothing serious and it will be on street tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts