Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nice work man! Headers are next for me. I do all my own work and not too sure I want to tackle that. LMAO
It's a pain, but a lot cheaper than sending it out. Having the right tools is half the battle.

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Front wide bands didn't need an ext, but it could use at least a 6" ext. to keep tension off wires.

"I ordered ext."

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
6 rib grooved idler pulley. Any after market worth the money? I'll need to replace that soon.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Installed OEM 6 rib and smooth idlers, changed thermostat .

Fired right up for good leak check, up to temps, topped off SC and eng coolant.

Ran for good start and idle log, then drive home for road log.

Sent them off to Dusterhoff

My 300 is fast and fun, but I missed driving this.

Is it a 8 or
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

900hp package??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cleared to do the 4th gear 1500 to 4000 pull.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love getting the green light for datalog pulls. Be safe.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
First run 4th 1500 to 4000.

Starting at 1900 RPM knock counts up to -7 knock max at 2753 RPM, then counts down to -1.8 at 4130 RPM
MAP @ 218kpa (17psi)? WB EQ Ratio .81 IAT 124

Think knock is coming from headers vibrating off floor. Left CAT is extremely close to heat shield, may be making contact when eng torques. Also hear some vibration off floor at idle.

He wants me to try another gas station for fuel and make another run. Thinking I could put some Boostane PRO in to see if it's false or fuel related.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Decided to go with flex fuel now and not wait till after my road trip.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My attempt at stripe. Was told it's not the right material, but I had it and stopped at front, because, it was the wrong material for the job. Looks good from far, but far from good.

A friend is getting the right material and I'll do it over, front to back.

Reactions: Skltr and 30birdy99

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I added a can of Boostane Pro to same gas and did the same run, 1500 to 4000, no knock retard.

timing at 1800 was 26.4, at 4000 5 degrees,

at 4000 219.0 MAP kpa, .81 lambda, fuel 79.2psi, aircharge 1,698.4 mg

Reactions: NJTHMike

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got Flex fuel tune today from Curt. Logging starts tomorrow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
First log out of the way. GOD I love the way trans shifts now, that alone was worth the price of admission.

Reactions: NJTHMike

·
Registered
508 Posts
First log out of the way. GOD I love the way trans shifts now, that alone was worth the price of admission.
Curt's Trans tune makes the whole driving experience better, especially under full throttle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So far so good?
Where are you getting your E from?
Are you going to do a dedicated E race tune? I've always been curious to see how much more timing is in the E race tune over the flex?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So far so good?
Where are you getting your E from?
Are you going to do a dedicated E race tune? I've always been curious to see how much more timing is in the E race tune over the flex?
Right now he has me on pump 93, started over from 93 tune to flex. Will be getting E from a station I use for my 300 E85 tune, pretty consistent 80%.

Maybe a straight E tune later if it really matters that much.

Not sure about the timing stuff, Flex vs dedicated E85

Reactions: SpeedRacer333

·
Super Moderator
2,804 Posts
Right now he has me on pump 93, started over from 93 tune to flex. Will be getting E from a station I use for my 300 E85 tune, pretty consistent 80%.

Maybe a straight E tune later if it really matters that much.

Not sure about the timing stuff, Flex vs dedicated E85
A ethanol content sensor is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
A ethanol content sensor is cheap insurance.
That I agree with.

Was asking about that on the Hellcat forum about how and where they tapped off the factory system and all I got was: "you don't need one, you'll tell by the AFR where it's at". I like to see in real time like my car, so if you have a system that works let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2,804 Posts
That I agree with.

Was asking about that on the Hellcat forum about how and where they tapped off the factory system and all I got was: "you don't need one, you'll tell by the AFR where it's at". I like to see in real time like my car, so if you have a system that works let me know.
I have the Fore system so we just tapped into the fuel line. Seems like a no brainer to me to add some cheap insurance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have the Fore system so we just tapped into the fuel line. Seems like a no brainer to me to add some cheap insurance.
I agree. No guessing.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts