Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a flex fuel tune that updates the dash AFR as the ethanol content changes. However I also have a Zeitronix ECA gauge hidden discretely inside the glove box for piece of mind.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey Carbon

You don't absolutely have to purchase a Fore fuel system to add an ethanol content sensor, however I highly recommend using a Motion Raceworks sensor bypass if adding the ethanol sensor to the stock fuel rail crossover. This puts the sensor in parallel ensuring the driver's side cylinders are not starved for fuel under heavy load like could happen if the sensor was installed in-line.

Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Motor vehicle

Bicycle part Auto part Automotive wheel system Metal Pipe

The fuel path through the bypass is equivalent to the diameter of a Sharpie pen, thus bigger than the fuel line itself providing unrestricted fuel flow.

Bumper Automotive design Vehicle Vehicle door Audio equipment

Bumper Font Electronic device Electronic component Auto part

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have a flex fuel tune that updates the dash AFR as the ethanol content changes. However I also have a Zeitronix ECA gauge hidden discretely inside the glove box for piece of mind.

View attachment 10919

You don't absolutely have to purchase a Fore fuel system to add an ethanol content sensor, however I highly recommend using a Motion Raceworks sensor bypass if adding the ethanol sensor to the stock fuel rail crossover. This puts the sensor in parallel ensuring the driver's side cylinders are not starved for fuel under heavy load like could happen if the sensor was installed in-line.

View attachment 10923

View attachment 10924

The fuel path through the bypass is equivalent to the diameter of a Sharpie pen, thus bigger than the fuel line itself providing unrestricted fuel flow.

View attachment 10926

View attachment 10929
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm using the same bypass on my 300.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Did the pulleys and belt today. Changed out the 6 ribs also. TBA Machines

Reactions: NJTHMike

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Had a 1/2 tank of 93 with boostane, topped of with 93 from another station.

1500 to 4000 pull still getting knock.

Removed the factory spring and bolts from exh to tighten it up.

Still getting knock, added 16oz of boostane to 1/2 tank, still getting knock.

Has to be false knock??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great idea on the pulleys! 👍
I personally like the Metco ones best for the supercharger pulleys (just a looks preference is all) and used TBA for the 6 rib accessory pulleys. Both excellent quality IMO.

They do both polished up easily if you want a little more bling. ;)

Others have experienced more breakage of the green HD belts than the Gates black RPM belts so I recommend keeping a spare on hand.

Wheel Automotive tire White Asphalt Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I had a RPM rip in half.

Musical instrument Circuit component Finger Guitar accessory Electronic instrument

·
Registered
191 Posts
Keep an eye on the automatic tensioner indicator that it falls in the center of its range. Snapped belts are often associated with incorrect length belts for the pulley combination used, or an over tightened adjustable belt tensioner. Yours appears to be adjusted good so I wonder if belt breakage is a side effect of running a grip tec pulley?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Keep an eye on the automatic tensioner indicator that it falls in the center of its range. Snapped belts are often associated with incorrect length belts for the pulley combination used, or an over tightened adjustable belt tensioner. Yours appears to be adjusted good so I wonder if belt breakage is a side effect of running a grip tec pulley?
Belt broke before any MODS putting a X5M in its place.

My theory. Eng winds out, torque management kicks in before shift cutting power, SC free wheels because of the sprag type pulley, eng kicks back in jerking SC pulley, belt snaps

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm getting the P0125 code now, reset, came back. Let Curt know.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thermostat related I bet. Are you still on the 93 tune? Fans may be set for Flex Tune.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thermostat related I bet. Are you still on the 93 tune? Fans may be set for Flex Tune.
He has me logging 93 now, but it is a Flex tune, just none in it yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,804 Posts
Great idea on the pulleys! 👍
I personally like the Metco ones best for the supercharger pulleys (just a looks preference is all) and used TBA for the 6 rib accessory pulleys. Both excellent quality IMO.

They do both polished up easily if you want a little more bling. ;)

Others have experienced more breakage of the green HD belts than the Gates black RPM belts so I recommend keeping a spare on hand.

View attachment 10951

View attachment 10950

View attachment 10949
I haven’t heard of people breaking green belts. I can barely get mine slipped on over the idler pulley. I put a new tensioner on after my gates black belt shredded about 50% of the width but was still driving. I only noticed the belt on the ground when I pulled back into the garage, I also swapped out to the green belt at that time. I figure you get 25-30k out of a belt. Wonder if it’s in the maintenance manual as to when it should be changed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Everyone can make their own choice of course, however the TrackHawk FB page has many comments about the green belt that do not sound very promising. Nothing but good luck running a Gates black belt for me.

"The green belt is not recommended for any Supercharged application, the RPM is a better choice...."

"Black belt is superior to green. It's softer, grips better, and will stretch rather than snap"

"Green belt has more slippage. It doesn’t stretch. I had worse belt squeal with the green. Stay with the black one."

"The green has More slippage. It’s more elastic. I got rid of the green one."

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Everyone can make their own choice of course, however the TrackHawk FB page has many comments about the green belt that do not sound very promising. Nothing but good luck running a Gates black belt for me.

"The green belt is not recommended for any Supercharged application, the RPM is a better choice...."

"Black belt is superior to green. It's softer, grips better, and will stretch rather than snap"

"Green belt has more slippage. It doesn’t stretch. I had worse belt squeal with the green. Stay with the black one."

"The green has More slippage. It’s more elastic. I got rid of the green one."
Circuit component Musical instrument Finger Electronic engineering Nail

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Curt's having me bump the upper to 3.10. knock retard issues.
1900 spark is -6.8 KR -0.1 MAP 182.5kpa
2300 spark is -6.5 KR -10.5 MAP 191.2kpa
4275 spark is -2.5 KR -4.0 MAP 217.9kpa

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Have the 3.10 on, did a pull, no knock, On to the 4th till it shift pull

41 - 56 of 56 Posts