Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Finally had some time and did the change over to the Z36 brake pads.
Broke them in last night.
What a difference in brake dust. Wow.

Since my original factory pads only had 600 miles on them decided to reuse the pins.
Checked last night and looks like the front pins did back out a touch. Strange. Rear brake pins were still in there well.
Only happened to the fronts.
Going to give the front pins a little tap tonight to get them seated again.

Have you guys come across this before?
Assuming it really only happens normally with worn/high mileage pads. Was a little surprised.
Can you order just the pins from the dealer? Maybe best I just change them out.

Edit: Found them. 68203105AA

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Pinning done and threw in the incognito lower for now. Later on will put in an actual pulley like ATI or Innovators west.

Ecu packed up and out the door tomorrow to get unlocked. No going back now.

Product Rectangle Font Gas Metal

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The little things... 180 stat and Granatelli housing. Need a little pipe dope to button-up the plug.

PCM should be coming back unlocked from Comp JLT in Texas tomorrow.

Injectors and upper pulley over the next few days.

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2,917 Posts
Your PCM is being unlocked for what software?
Is that same shop doing the tuning?
Will this same crank pin kit work on the other pulley kits?
Good luck with that stock upper pulley, it can be a pain if you don’t have the right impact. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Your PCM is being unlocked for what software?
Is that same shop doing the tuning?
Will this same crank pin kit work on the other pulley kits?
Good luck with that stock upper pulley, it can be a pain if you don’t have the right impact. Keep us posted.
PCM went out last week and came back unlocked the same week. Awesome turnaround. All installed and ready to rock n roll. HP tuners.
Going to have Comp JLT do the tuning for now on my 94 pump gas tune with 3.09 upper and ms109 with race pulley.

Regarding crank pin kit. The style kit I have should work with the oem and ATI lower pulleys but I do see a lot of people gravitate towards the kits that you drill on the side of the crank instead of in the front. Much more secure and reliable at big hp. Innovators West is one that seems to be more designed for people that pin on the side of the crank as this is more secure.

You're not kidding. Couldn't quite get the oem pulley off last night. Going to take the snout to work and give it a rip with the big compressor.
Wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,917 Posts
Yeah, don’t fight that snout, just hit it with more power. I spent hours messing with it before I took it to the tire store down the street and it was off in 20 seconds.
I haven’t heard of that tuner, where in Texas are they? What made you choose them? I used Alex Peitz out of cypress (Houston) for my build. Great guy and I highly recommend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Yeah, don’t fight that snout, just hit it with more power. I spent hours messing with it before I took it to the tire store down the street and it was off in 20 seconds.
I haven’t heard of that tuner, where in Texas are they? What made you choose them? I used Alex Peitz out of cypress (Houston) for my build. Great guy and I highly recommend.
Took the snout to work and hit it with our ridiculous 50HP screw compressor. Came off within 2 seconds lol.
Was able to get everything back together. Debated about doing the FI spacers at the same time but next time...

Regarding tuning. Comp JLT was recommended by a friend.
Will give them a shot on my pump gas 3.09 tune and see where it goes.
Not a huge fan of remote tuning but nowadays due to increasing travel restrictions popping back up it ain't going to be easy to get to a reputable tuner in person.
Might eventually make a trip to Toronto to meet up with Sinister performance.

Last piece of the puzzle is deciding what to do with the fuel system.
I do have a JMS system on the shelf that I am not thrilled about installing.
I think of it sort of like a band-aid system and will eventually let go. My luck in the middle of a track pass and bye bye motor.
Is my only real viable option out there the Fore setup for now and when I go more boost?
Next season going to just be on a boring 2.75 upper and MS 109 so I feel the stock fuel pumps should do fine.
Just wanted to get another option.

Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Auto part

·
Super Moderator
2,917 Posts
Lol yeah, that stock pulley can be a pain. If you decide on the spacers, I’d highly recommend their interchiller as well. It basically prevents the heat soak that things suffer so badly from. I went with the fore triple pump setup after blowing my stock motor. It’s not a cheap system and neither was install but cheaper than an engine. Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Definetly going to be looking into a Fore setup.
For now will play around with pump gas.

On another note reading and writing tonight in the hawk.
Just need the snow to melt now ...
Computer Personal computer Laptop Output device Peripheral

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Went to fire up this afternoon. Two cranks and froze/died. Started smelling and seeing some kind of light smoke from the driver side shock tower. Electrical smell.
Cranked one last time and it fired up very weak but with check engine light on.

Scanned it through the MPVI2 just now. Strange... Says I have crank position sensor issues.

Computer Laptop Personal computer Font Peripheral

21 - 40 of 80 Posts