Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fully built 426 in my track hawk and at first I was getting oil in my supercharger.
I had a catch can on the passenger side but it wasn’t filling up. This was with less than 1000 miles on the motor.
So I went vent to atmosphere on both sides of the valve cover. I even pulled out the pvc valve out of the passenger valve cover.
I’m running a catch can on the driver and passenger. The driver side catch can is the one that fills up after a pass. It fill up half way.
I’m also running spacer on my stock blower.
Could this be that a piston is going bad or am I missing something.

· Vendor
106 Posts
What sort of power you making? What size is the catch can and how is it routed? We see this a lot actually, but that doesn't mean you have internal engine issues. It's just about the right setup for the job really. Remember with big built motor and whatever sized power adder you're running, there's a lot more crank case pressures. That oil will find it's way to the path of least resistance..

(Check valves help)

· Registered
569 Posts
I would also investigate whether the baffling in the valve cover was removed, modified or perhaps not being used.

· Registered
19 Posts
I did a 1000 hp build on my ZL1 1lE and my catch can did the same thing. The new can does not have the same problem. If I do a build on my TH, I will change my catch can to something rated to the power levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts