Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an '18 Trackhawk and just went to our local drag strip (BIR) for street drags to smoke some muscle cars. Gotta say it was a crowd favorite, one guy came down from the stands and said "holy sh** that thing is f**cking fast! My friend was in the stands and said everybody was pulling for the family truckster. I went 6-1 on all season tires, the only thing that barely beat me was an '84 'Vette that was obviously super modified. My numbers were pretty unimpressive compared to a lot of posters here, though. All my runs were the same, 12.0 in the quarter and 3.7 0-60 on the Performance Pages timer. It was about 85 degrees and I've noticed this thing looooves cold weather and hates warm weather. I'm a total amateur and if the weather is really cold, like near 0 degrees F, I can get a 3.1 or 3.2 0-60 every time. Another interesting thing was that I used launch mode/track mode, just punched it in track mode, used a custom setting that was basically track mode with Sport traction control, took out the spare tire, I even accidentally left the A/C on for one run and got almost the exact same times every time. Even with the so so times, I had a blast, I highly recommend the experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love to hear it. Congrats! It's been so hot in UT that I wouldn't even bother right now. It's still a great vehicle but 100+ degrees is just too much for any car. My CAI is registering 145 Degrees on average. : ( Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all, I have an '18 Trackhawk and just went to our local drag strip (BIR) for street drags to smoke some muscle cars. Gotta say it was a crowd favorite, one guy came down from the stands and said "holy sh** that thing is f**cking fast! My friend was in the stands and said everybody was pulling for the family truckster. I went 6-1 on all season tires, the only thing that barely beat me was an '84 'Vette that was obviously super modified. My numbers were pretty unimpressive compared to a lot of posters here, though. All my runs were the same, 12.0 in the quarter and 3.7 0-60 on the Performance Pages timer. It was about 85 degrees and I've noticed this thing looooves cold weather and hates warm weather. I'm a total amateur and if the weather is really cold, like near 0 degrees F, I can get a 3.1 or 3.2 0-60 every time. Another interesting thing was that I used launch mode/track mode, just punched it in track mode, used a custom setting that was basically track mode with Sport traction control, took out the spare tire, I even accidentally left the A/C on for one run and got almost the exact same times every time. Even with the so so times, I had a blast, I highly recommend the experience.
Nice and congrats !!! A good day at the track is a day being able to drive home under ya own will car nice and safe!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is stock and I get about the same times when it is hot, going in the Texas cool weather is a huge difference, and the best times I get are on concrete not on the track. So I am betting you could beat those times on concrete with the all seasons.... Sounds like a great day of fun...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've noticed this thing looooves cold weather and hates warm weather. I'm a total amateur and if the weather is really cold, like near 0 degrees F, I can get a 3.1 or 3.2 0-60 every time.
Mine is stock and I get about the same times when it is hot, going in the Texas cool weather is a huge difference, and the best times I get are on concrete not on the track.
A year or so ago there were a number of threads on this site that talked about how much cool/cold weather affects a stock TH's performance numbers... Look up discussions/threads posted by Car-Guy if you are interested,,, (He still has a TH but was banned from posting here, by his own request): He claimed that the TH's performance numbers 0 to 60 dropped about 1 tenth of a second for each 10 degrees in air temps... He lives in Texas too (about 40 miles away from me). At 90 degree air temps he was running 0-60 in 3.5 to 3.6. At 30 degrees he was down to 3.0 to 3.1 consistently. I've seen his numbers taken at air temps from 30 to 90 degrees and it's pretty consistent. .1 gain with each 10 degree drop. His 1/4 mile numbers follow the same trends... I've kept track of mine too (although not in as much detail as he does) My numbers show the same results, As he also commented, his best times were achived when launched from a concrete surface and I've seen the same too,,,

I have raced this guy a few times (both of us are stock) and I'm about dead even with him all the way thru the 1/4... Whoever gets the jump at lanuch wins, but we are never more than ~1/2 car length differance at the end of the 1/4.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
Nothing broke and you didnt hit the wall to me that is a awesome day. the addiction will set in and the mods will flow soon you will have a 9 sec TH, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts