Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took into service for Nav not working: Locations miles away from actual location. Ordered new unit for repair, waiting for part. Also had RRT 1 [20-003: 18-19MY WK/WD SRT LOSS OF FRONT WHEEL DRIVE**]= reprogrammed drivetrain control module per RRT instructions, have no idea what this was all about.
If you hear strange exhaust noises under hard acceleration, exhaust may be hitting transmission brace, will check out what was done when I put it up on lift. Seems to have fixed it but have not really pushed it very hard yet. No it didn't change, still makes strange noise under acceleration.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still waiting for new NAV to be replaced.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally had new Nav replaced yesterday, what a pain setting up all the pages back to what they were. Glad I took some pictures to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took into service for Nav not working: Locations miles away from actual location. Ordered new unit for repair, waiting for part. Also had RRT 1 [20-003: 18-19MY WK/WD SRT LOSS OF FRONT WHEEL DRIVE**]= reprogrammed drivetrain control module per RRT instructions, have no idea what this was all about.
If you hear strange exhaust noises under hard acceleration, exhaust may be hitting transmission brace, will check out what was done when I put it up on lift. Seems to have fixed it but have not really pushed it very hard yet. No it didn't change, still makes strange noise under acceleration.

Thanks for the post and attachment. Im having a strange exhaust sounding noise from the passenger side of my 2018 Trackhawk during hard acceleration. Did the transmission/exhaust repair help your problem?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the post and attachment. Im having a strange exhaust sounding noise from the passenger side of my 2018 Trackhawk during hard acceleration. Did the transmission/exhaust repair help your problem?
Yes, do you have aftermarket or OEM exhaust, I must have taken off an installed OEM exhaust 3 or 4 times. Everytime OEM was on Jeep no noise at all, OEM more rigid verse all the joints banded together. So my exhaust still hit transmission brace(MagnaFlow) I added 2 washers per end of brace. Have not heard any noise since. I will probably try to lift exhaust higher, previously thought exhaust was hitting heat sheild around driveline. It's definitely the weight of the exhaust reducing the clearance. It's on passenger side transmission brace. The tech was correct where the problem was, but just wasn't able to remedy the problem. Was surprised he even tried under a warranty problem with aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same problem. Waiting on a new unit. Thanks for sharing. Dale
Took forever to get all my setting back to original. Suggest you take pictures of all your screens to make it easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, do you have aftermarket or OEM exhaust, I must have taken off an installed OEM exhaust 3 or 4 times. Everytime OEM was on Jeep no noise at all, OEM more rigid verse all the joints banded together. So my exhaust still hit transmission brace(MagnaFlow) I added 2 washers per end of brace. Have not heard any noise since. I will probably try to lift exhaust higher, previously thought exhaust was hitting heat sheild around driveline. It's definitely the weight of the exhaust reducing the clearance. It's on passenger side transmission brace. The tech was correct where the problem was, but just wasn't able to remedy the problem. Was surprised he even tried under a warranty problem with aftermarket exhaust.
My exhaust is OEM. I'm gonna take it into the dealer and let them know about the transmission brace. Glad to hear you don't hear any more noise on your setup. Thanks again

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now replacement radio has had blue screen a couple of times seems like it's when it has been put in reverse, rebooting for no reason and favorites ding ding ding push button nothing listed, then sometimes there will be something there, sometimes favorites will disappear before you can even push it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts