Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share their BCM file read from a 2019 or newer Trackhawk? I've come too far to stop now. Automotive design Mode of transport Steering wheel Gadget Motor vehicle

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Body Control Module file is a text file a program like AlfaOBD can generate while connected to your OBD port. There is a SGW (Security Gateway Module) that will need bypassed for AlfaOBD to have access to the vehicle network to get to the BCM. I'm using a USB OBDLink EX cable and a Tazer double-bypass adapter.

The data on the file is a snapshot of how a certain vehicle trim (Trackhawk) is optioned from the factory. AlfaOBD allows the user to enable features that were not turned on at the factory (for various reasons). For example, adding folding mirrors, radio upgrades, tow harness enable, DRL drop-out disable, LED lamp enable, are some of the typical mods people are doing that would require AlfaOBD to enable in the BCM so that the newly added hardware works like factory.

Reactions: Vanquishglory

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
432 Posts
A Body Control Module file is a text file a program like AlfaOBD can generate while connected to your OBD port. There is a SGW (Security Gateway Module) that will need bypassed for AlfaOBD to have access to the vehicle network to get to the BCM. I'm using a USB OBDLink EX cable and a Tazer double-bypass adapter.

The data on the file is a snapshot of how a certain vehicle trim (Trackhawk) is optioned from the factory. AlfaOBD allows the user to enable features that were not turned on at the factory (for various reasons). For example, adding folding mirrors, radio upgrades, tow harness enable, DRL drop-out disable, LED lamp enable, are some of the typical mods people are doing that would require AlfaOBD to enable in the BCM so that the newly added hardware works like factory.
thank you for the detailed response.I have ordered the security bypass cable. Once in, i will purchase and download AlfaOBD. In the meantime I will talk with tech at the dealership i go to, and see if they can pull the file and give to me

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the detailed response.I have ordered the security bypass cable. Once in, i will purchase and download AlfaOBD. In the meantime I will talk with tech at the dealership i go to, and see if they can pull the file and give to me
No problem. Thank you so much! But please do not waste your time or get your dealer nervous on what you are up to just for a file. And I don't think they will be able to print out anything usable, AlfaOBD is somewhat unique as to how it interacts with the BCM...

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was successfully able to program a brand new 2019 BCM using WiTech and install in my 2018. No errors or faults. Then used AlfaOBD to enable race cool-down. Still not functioning fully. The BCM was the only part number that was totally different 2018 to 2019. PCM's are the same. Not sure what else it could be. Maybe there is something else in the BCM that AlfaOBD is missing?

· Premium Member
432 Posts
I have been reading on other forums that it may take a couple of days for the system to be fully aware of its surroundings. I am doing a surround view install on my TH, RAM and Wrangler forums have always commented on the fact that if an option set doesnt work right away give time.

Also look into your old settings and the updated BCM files. The updated file might need some other options turned off or on. For example the surround view needs the backup camera switched off, turn on surround view, turn on IHS Canbus for surround view, turn off LIN bus for backup, turn on a couple of other options to get surround view working.

sorry i never sent you my BCM file, but i never recieved my SGWbypass module. I

· Premium Member
432 Posts
I have a 2019 bcm file but I do no think it will be of much help because my TH is EU spec. All setup in the bcm is for switzerland according to bcm printout. That also includes emissions control also.

is there something in particular you would like to know from bcm settings?

· Premium Member
432 Posts
Anyone care to share their BCM file read from a 2019 or newer Trackhawk? I've come too far to stop now. View attachment 9695
Did ever finish the coding? Maybe i can look into my bcm printout and share some info. I have a 38page printout of my bcm settings that i am going through to see what changed need to be made for surround view.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 bcm file but I do no think it will be of much help because my TH is EU spec. All setup in the bcm is for switzerland according to bcm printout. That also includes emissions control also. is there something in particular you would like to know from bcm settings?
I lost my back up file and I’m looking for something to compare to because I changed some settings a little while back which made my back up camera not work along with the drive mode selector knob. If you wouldn’t mind sharing it that’s be awesome just so I have something to compare it to. I’m sure most of the other setting besides emissions are the same as the states. Also if anyone else has one I’d appreciate that also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts