Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve mentioned this to a few people but figured it was worthy of a post. There’s an app called gas buddy that will locate all the E85 as well as all the various prices of different grades of fuel. I only used it when a hurricane caused area wide gas shortages but looked like it would be super helpful on a road trip or locating a hard to find E85 pump near you.
Cheers

·
Registered
379 Posts
+1 on using gas buddy. I have been using this app and an app for Shell, fuel rewards. Both have been very helpful on our road trips.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks.... I just ordered a 54 gallon drum of e98 =D.... Not going flex fuel in the hawk... but am in my subaru =D

The app says there is no e85 in the garden state..... Maybe ill order two drums....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I store 300 gallons of E85 in my garage. hopefully it never gets struck by lightening.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I’ve mentioned this to a few people but figured it was worthy of a post. There’s an app called gas buddy that will locate all the E85 as well as all the various prices of different grades of fuel. I only used it when a hurricane caused area wide gas shortages but looked like it would be super helpful on a road trip or locating a hard to find E85 pump near you.
Cheers
Thank you down loaded and used it local and then on the road last night. works perfect and I was surprised E85 is far and few between.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, it’s definitely not at every station but that app will take the guesswork out of trying to track it down.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
****! It’s almost a buck a gallon cheaper than 93.
it burns up fast though. say you get 400 miles on 93 on e85 you will get 300 miles. these are just numbers I threw out but you get the idea. someone did the math on 91 I think and it avg out to be almost the same price per mile.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it works out to be the same price per mile, then E85 is still the way to go because of the extra power u can make. I can’t wait to get this thing on corn n see what it’ll do.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
If it works out to be the same price per mile, then E85 is still the way to go because of the extra power u can make. I can’t wait to get this thing on corn n see what it’ll do.
lol right I was the same way and then these **** bad fuel posts and blown motor posts has me scared like a lil girl. I was blind to the possibilities of bad gass before and just ran them all hard as can be thinking I was safe as a stock car would be. I am not sure if I should be scared or the interwebz has me freaked out for no reason lol

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, no modified and tuned vehicle is as safe as a stock one. This is why it’s so important to have a knowledgeable and reputable tuner. The harder you push the engine, the less room for error. As far as the bad gas thing, IMO it’s more of a flex fuel issue. If you’re going from E85 to 93 and stomp it, then I can see things going badly fairly easily. I always fill up at the same places so I’m not too worried about gas issues. Although it only takes a truck driver opening the wrong tank. I’d think not going crazy on the throttle for the first few miles after filling up would be a good practice though. You’ve got a decent chance of noticing something’s not right under normal throttle conditions and not have the damage you would at wot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts