Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm going to start by saying that I'm a complete novice on this having never purchased aftermarket wheels before. I've decided that I'd like to keep my current winter tires on my stock 20" wheels and get a set of forged 22s with either Pirelli Scorpions or MPSS in 305/35/22 for the rest of the year. So anyways, being completely new to this my head is spinning a little bit regarding bolt patterns, offsets, etc. I understand this is all probably extremely common knowledge for most people, but I just have zero experience dealing with it. So based on what I've been able to find, it appears that most people who have switched to 22s are going with 22x10.5. My main question is should I try to find a local shop (I moved recently and don't have anyone local that I know or trust all that well yet) or are the offsets, etc. well known enough for our platform to trust ordering blind from an online shop?

I e-mailed a couple of shops yesterday to try and get some information. The first one told me that they'd do a staggered offset Front: 22x10.5 ET 25, and Rear: 22x10.5 ET 35. They also specified a bolt pattern of 5x127 with a 71.5MM centerbore. I haven't heard about anyone else doing a staggered offset, so I have no idea if this is right or not. The second shop told me that they don't release their custom offsets, but assured me that they "specialize in the platform." Not super helpful.

Anyways, I'm hoping that some of you out there that have already made the move to 22s might be willing to share some information about offsets, where you purchased, etc. I'm really just looking for any advice I can before I drop a couple thousand bucks on wheels. I probably should have done this awhile ago, since the manufacturing turnaround seems to be 8+ weeks on forged wheels, but nothing I can do about that now.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Alright, I'm going to start by saying that I'm a complete novice on this having never purchased aftermarket wheels before. I've decided that I'd like to keep my current winter tires on my stock 20" wheels and get a set of forged 22s with either Pirelli Scorpions or MPSS in 305/35/22 for the rest of the year. So anyways, being completely new to this my head is spinning a little bit regarding bolt patterns, offsets, etc. I understand this is all probably extremely common knowledge for most people, but I just have zero experience dealing with it. So based on what I've been able to find, it appears that most people who have switched to 22s are going with 22x10.5. My main question is should I try to find a local shop (I moved recently and don't have anyone local that I know or trust all that well yet) or are the offsets, etc. well known enough for our platform to trust ordering blind from an online shop?

I e-mailed a couple of shops yesterday to try and get some information. The first one told me that they'd do a staggered offset Front: 22x10.5 ET 25, and Rear: 22x10.5 ET 35. They also specified a bolt pattern of 5x127 with a 71.5MM centerbore. I haven't heard about anyone else doing a staggered offset, so I have no idea if this is right or not. The second shop told me that they don't release their custom offsets, but assured me that they "specialize in the platform." Not super helpful.

Anyways, I'm hoping that some of you out there that have already made the move to 22s might be willing to share some information about offsets, where you purchased, etc. I'm really just looking for any advice I can before I drop a couple thousand bucks on wheels. I probably should have done this awhile ago, since the manufacturing turnaround seems to be 8+ weeks on forged wheels, but nothing I can do about that now.
I have a wheel shop that I have delt with for ever so ordering online isnt a concern for me.
the shop that said they dont give out offsets just didnt know off hand lol its not a secrete though anyone can look it up.
https://solisracinggroup.com/ go here if you are buying online, Joe has custom wheels for the TH from HRE (HRE is legit as can be for wheels) or any other kind you want. tell him how you want wheels to fit he can help you.
on tires look at Corsa not scorpions. IMO they are the best tires made for street use. I had MPSS and they just were not as good. Joe will help you with that also. The corsa is maximum performance and will burn down in 15K miles the scorpions are prob longer life span but less traction. good luck and post pics after

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Oh I might add that Solis really does specialize in the TH. once you goto his website or IG you will see that. good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the advice. I have definitely visited Solis Racing's website before, but I checked out their IG and it would appear that you're right. They do "specialize in the platform." That definitely calms some of my concerns about possibly ordering from them. According to Pirelli's website, the Corsa's don't come in 22," so it looks like the choices at 305/35r22 with Scorpion Zero Asimetrico or the Pilot SS.

·
Registered
267 Posts
@Eubster 22x10.5 et 37. all around. perfect stance IMO. and Im lowered.

I ordered bcforged thru Wheels performance. Rick, the owner has great relationship with most premium forged wheel manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I appreciate the advice. I have definitely visited Solis Racing's website before, but I checked out their IG and it would appear that you're right. They do "specialize in the platform." That definitely calms some of my concerns about possibly ordering from them. According to Pirelli's website, the Corsa's don't come in 22," so it looks like the choices at 305/35r22 with Scorpion Zero Asimetrico or the Pilot SS.
**** no 22s that sucks. if you get the scorpions post up your feed back on them please. 22s are so perfect looking on the TH I hope they make some soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts