Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some pointers. When it comes to negotiating a finance deal what are the target areas outside MSRP discount and financing term? I've seen some members post that the dealer included an extended warranty, floor mats, tint, etc. Is there anything else you can negotiate? How do you all approach these negotiation points? Does it come after the sales associate won't budge anymore on MRSP discount?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
242 Posts
Looking for some pointers. When it comes to negotiating a finance deal what are the target areas outside MSRP discount and financing term? I've seen some members post that the dealer included an extended warranty, floor mats, tint, etc. Is there anything else you can negotiate? How do you all approach these negotiation points? Does it come after the sales associate won't budge anymore on MRSP discount?
I wouldn't finance myself any add on if possible, you can shop for extended warranty online and get much better deal(Zeglers??), make them meet that price as long as it is Manufacturers warranty. You can also buy a warranty before your 3/36 warranty expires. I presume you have shopped other dealers near by for comparision. If you are buying a 2020 they only made 822, so MSRP discount might be your only option. You can always ask for some free add on's, free oil changes for life, ect.

Reactions: DCCane

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't finance myself any add on if possible, you can shop for extended warranty online and get much better deal(Zeglers??), make them meet that price as long as it is Manufacturers warranty. You can also buy a warranty before your 3/36 warranty expires. I presume you have shopped other dealers near by for comparision. If you are buying a 2020 they only made 822, so MSRP discount might be your only option. You can always ask for some free add on's, free oil changes for life, ect.
Thanks, IvoryHawk. Went to two dealers today. One for a new 2020 $98k MSRP which was offered for $108k, the other for a 2018 for $75k (23k miles and included a $5k Demon Performance Stage 1 tune). The new 2020 seemed unreasonable even in our current market. I can't tolerate the warranty void risk for the 2018 at that price point. Search continues...

·
Banned
391 Posts
I call me dealer, tell them how I want my vehicle equipped, and then it's ordered that way.
So far I haven't paid even near MSRP for anything, including the '20 'Hawk.

In your case, if you don't have a friendly dealer like that nearby, the bummer is that mine is in Utah. That would add transport costs, but that would still not be but a fraction of $10K.

As for the '18, I almost sold my '20 for $76K, with 1,805 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm interested in hearing more about the order process. I spoke to one dealer and was told they won't negotiate the price until it's delivered. I would sent them my build, they place the build with Jeep, I put down a $1k refundable deposit, and we negotiate once the 'Hawk arrives. Is that how it normally works? Sounds risky if I don't choose the right dealer.

·
Banned
391 Posts
We've always negotiated the deal at the time of ordering. Then the price may go down if there are better incentives at the time of purchase, but it won't go up.
Also, a $500 refundable deposit is all I've ever put down.

You need to find a better dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts